• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I've cringed every time I've seen or heard the words uttered "but handguns are most of the crime, not rifles." All that line does is give them the ability to next year say that "even the pro gun people admit handguns are the real problem so we need to work on that now."

Careful what is said to these legislators. It's a different world, one most of us are amateurs at working within.

They knew what they were doing. It's a multi-step plan: Exploit the immediate crisis while offending the fewest people as possible at first --target the mean assault weapons, and settle for treating handgun owners like criminals by demanding fingerprints and erecting as many barriers to ownership as they can get away with, for now.

Then, after the dust settles a bit, crime doesn't drop, and a new crisis to exploit arises, come back and say, "Well, there really isn't any technology difference between assault weapons and pistols, and the problem continues. We need to ban future sales of all semi-automatics with the magazine clips once and for all. For the children. You don't need a bazooka to hunt with, and pistols are like bazookas. And, we support the Second Amendment. We're not taking your guns away."

It's incrementalism, and they have the psychology of it down and the process in place, on many civil rights fronts -- with guns, property rights, free speech (political correctness is just censorship with a polite name), as well. They are, after all, educated elites and have batteries of publicly funded study results to help them determine best how to achieve power and control.

Something that the founders knew and openly stated over 200 years ago is also something that most people simply haven't learned today, because our leaders have managed to convince us that it is politically incorrect to teach it -- that it's the Second Amendment that ultimately protects all the others, and the founders put it there as the ultimate safeguard. For the children, their children, and their childrens' children.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Everyone relax, they cant confiscate without compensation so you will atleast get your money back. Also they wont ban everything semi automatic, and Heller defends your right to own a "commonly used" handgun in your own home. It will just be harder, like mandatory registration, fees per firearm, perhaps insurance. Its easier to ban/make more expensive everything around guns than it is to ban the gun. Also confiscation will rally conservatives across the country so the DNC will make sure they hold off till after the 2016 election, to make sure the conservative base isnt riled up for the Presidential race.

"It's just a flesh wound." -- The Black Knight. Monty Python and the Holy Grail

circleshooter

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2009
    Baltimore County
    They're making it sound like they worked harder than they probably actually did to get this piece of crap passed. Sadly, I believe it was a done deal from day one as I suspect the people that wanted this passed knew they had the votes from day one. That is certainly not to demean the hard work put in by pro 2A citizens - just imagine how more oppressive it could have been.

"The executive power in our government is not the only, perhaps not even the principal, object of my solicitude. The tyranny of the legislature is really the danger most to be feared, and will continue to be so for many years to come. The tyranny of the executive power will come in its turn, but at a more distant period" ~ Thomas Jefferson (from a letter to James Madison written March 15, 1789).

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    I wonder what " others that should have the fingerprinting requirement"?

All that's left is the Fudd Guns.

There was a guy shooting Milsurps at the AGC last week who was gloating about the fact SB281 didn't touch his guns.

I hate that type of thinking.

squirrels

Who cooks for you?
    Jan 25, 2008
    "Starts again" implies that they stopped at some point. :P

They don't care that the bill was severely neutered. The fact that they got anything through at ALL is a major victory for them, because it shows that they CAN succeed with their treasonous agenda as long as they do it in small steps.

There WILL be another school shooting, and they WILL exploit it to try to push further.

No one should be surprised at the direction the State of Maryland is taking. They've made it clear for some time that they want to run the State into the ground chasing some Detroit-style progressive pipe-dream, and that they have the votes to do it.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    I've cringed every time I've seen or heard the words uttered "but handguns are most of the crime, not rifles." All that line does is give them the ability to next year say that "even the pro gun people admit handguns are the real problem so we need to work on that now."

Careful what is said to these legislators. It's a different world, one most of us are amateurs at working within.

More accurately--and this needs to be the theme we cannot stray from--it is not "[hand]gun violence", but rather "criminal violence" using illegally obtained [hand]guns

It's not "guns on the streets", but instead "criminals in our communities".

Turn it all over, make it accurate... it will work for us.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative

That is the sort of thing that can be used to make it seem we are eating our own.

Over the past year, we have made amazing strides in reaching out to the broader shooting community, and getting even the casual gun owners on board.

It's how we got all the thousands of people to show up, where there were once only dozens.

There was a guy shooting Milsurps at the AGC last week who was gloating about the fact SB281 didn't touch his guns.

That's the other group we've been targeting... the "IGM"s (I got mine)... The fact that they haven't gone after them yet... well...

We ALL need to be vigilant, because "mine" could easily be the next on the list.

Petar

Nov 18, 2010

How about politicians that violate that constitution and the will of the people, like Ms. Dumais

flyingblind

Oct 3, 2012
    This post is total FAIL.

You really should change your avatar.

Or do you assume they won't ban your flintlock?

Maybe they'll give you $50 for it.

Perhaps you and I disagree, no they won't ban a flintlock, because its not a gun technically. My point was and is that confiscation it not as easy as a licensing requirement, and was being sarcastic about it being ok cause you'll get your money back. If you are so worked up focus your energy on getting her out of office. We and more importantly she knows what will get tossed due to current decisions in court. We get it your sad and angry, but this isn't a bottomless pit so focus your energy on a positive change, not getting mad at people who are on your side. That's just my .02

SamW

Apr 2, 2007
    Western Md
    "She's waiting for the referendum to show that most Marylanders are in favor of more gun control. Then it won't matter how may people show up in protest, we will have proven that we are not the majority. She will have a mandate for stricter gun control, maybe even confiscation. It's what the people want. Constitution be damned. It's all about the majority. "

This!

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    She's waiting for the referendum to show that most Marylanders are in favor of more gun control. Then it won't matter how may people show up in protest, we will have proven that we are not the majority. She will have a mandate for stricter gun control, maybe even confiscation. It's what the people want. Constitution be damned. It's all about the majority.

It did not matter this time how many people showed up in protest. They do not care about anything but advancing their agenda.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Handgun bans are already out according to Heller and McDonald, they know they can't go there.

5-4 decision replace 2 and its game set match. they really believe its only a collective right. They really think they can force the court to abandon the constitution. Given enough time the will. Take a good look at what the liberals have achieved on the court..

Commerce clause. Elastic clause. Taxing power abuse.

They even tried a non recess recess appointment..

They will either be stopped by the court or we will need a constutional convention.. I still think the court will hold the line, but not by much.

The Court is a political animal .... try not to feed it.

Wendigo

Hungry
    Mar 31, 2013
    Reisterstown

You mean those "high powered long-range sniper rifles", you don't need something like that to kill a deer. Buy a shotgun, buy a shotgun..

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Everyone relax, they cant confiscate without compensation so you will atleast get your money back. Also they wont ban everything semi automatic, and Heller defends your right to own a "commonly used" handgun in your own home. It will just be harder, like mandatory registration, fees per firearm, perhaps insurance. Its easier to ban/make more expensive everything around guns than it is to ban the gun. Also confiscation will rally conservatives across the country so the DNC will make sure they hold off till after the 2016 election, to make sure the conservative base isnt riled up for the Presidential race.

Maybe they'll give me a hand job and a joint to smoke with my illegal alien neighbors too. Agreed with others, screw these fvckers, they can eat my ass.

alpine44

Feb 5, 2010
    They knew what they were doing. It's a multi-step plan: Exploit the immediate crisis while offending the fewest people as possible at first --target the mean assault weapons, and settle for treating handgun owners like criminals by demanding fingerprints and erecting as many barriers to ownership as they can get away with, for now.

Then, after the dust settles a bit, crime doesn't drop, and a new crisis to exploit arises, come back and say, "Well, there really isn't any technology difference between assault weapons and pistols, and the problem continues. We need to ban future sales of all semi-automatics with the magazine clips once and for all. For the children. You don't need a bazooka to hunt with, and pistols are like bazookas. And, we support the Second Amendment. We're not taking your guns away."

It's incrementalism, and they have the psychology of it down and the process in place, on many civil rights fronts -- with guns, property rights, free speech (political correctness is just censorship with a polite name), as well. They are, after all, educated elites and have batteries of publicly funded study results to help them determine best how to achieve power and control.

Something that the founders knew and openly stated over 200 years ago is also something that most people simply haven't learned today, because our leaders have managed to convince us that it is politically incorrect to teach it -- that it's the Second Amendment that ultimately protects all the others, and the founders put it there as the ultimate safeguard. For the children, their children, and their childrens' children.

Exactly, gun control is about gaining CONTROL on each and every level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom