• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Holy price gouging Batman! Errrr......wait...:innocent0

A little birdie told me I should have a look in here.

This is Dan, owner of Inline Fabrication. Please allow me to shed a little light. Can this same function be created cheaper by the press owner? Sure it can.

But there are some costs that come into play in the legitimate business world. For instance, R&D costs, Quality components, packaging, production equipment, production costs, production facility, advertizing costs, business licenses, taxes, product liability insurance, etc,etc and unfortunately, etc. ;)

And then on top of that, our lifetime "No Worries" warranty and our awesome customer service. We haven't even touched on US Patents or Trademark costs yet. :tdown:

To be clear, I am not trying to deny that one could get the desired effect cheaper, just shedding some light on why pricing is where it is at.

Respectfully
    Dan
    Inline Fabrication

I am full well aware of the facts behind the price. The point is the "product" is not a multi-million-dollar machine manufactured item, for example, it is a product that can be created by anyone for a much cheaper price if they have the skills. I'm not arguing over the end cost of the product to the door step, but, if people could build their own car of choice they wouldn't have to go the dealership. If it's not monopolized and you can do it cheaper. Do it.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Holy price gouging Batman! Errrr......wait...:innocent0

A little birdie told me I should have a look in here.

This is Dan, owner of Inline Fabrication. Please allow me to shed a little light. Can this same function be created cheaper by the press owner? Sure it can.

But there are some costs that come into play in the legitimate business world. For instance, R&D costs, Quality components, packaging, production equipment, production costs, production facility, advertizing costs, business licenses, taxes, product liability insurance, etc,etc and unfortunately, etc. ;)

And then on top of that, our lifetime "No Worries" warranty and our awesome customer service. We haven't even touched on US Patents or Trademark costs yet. :tdown:

To be clear, I am not trying to deny that one could get the desired effect cheaper, just shedding some light on why pricing is where it is at.

Respectfully
    Dan
    Inline Fabrication

Is shipping included on this "light" as well ?
    :innocent0

Do you make these "lighting systems" yourself ?

I'll assume this is easy since the "lighting system" costs nothing in the end, so, sending a new one is of no loss to the business.

Prove to me that you manufacture this "lighting system" in-house at your business location and THEN we'll debate the Pat. / TM issue.

My DIY alternative still remains. I'm not here to defeat the purpose of the product. I replied to maybe save the next poor fella from spending too much on an item that can be found cheaper anywhere else (even at Petsmart or Petco). Don't argue this point with me. I am in business for myself and I have guys tell me all the time, "You don't charge enough" Do I raise my rates ? NO. I don't believe in sticking it to the Consumer like the other guy, which brought this new customer to me in the first place... THANKS OTHER GUY FOR YOUR HIGH PRICES. Keep UP the good work over there...

Do I manufacture any of my own products ? Yes sir I do (every single one of them). I have a complete line of products that I "Hand Make" here on MY work bench in my own facility, and by the way, I have dealers for my products in 4 countries, that order in bulk from me to stock their peg hooks in their commercial businesses, and this is outside of per customer orders for residential DIY'ers. You are more than welcome to view MY products That I make myself HERE.

I also create my own installation instruction sheets. I package my product myself, I label the product myself. I advertise my products myself. I built and maintain my own website. I market my products on several levels. I buy my components in bulk and solder each individual component together myself. I print my own shipping labels, I buy my own product packaging. I buy my own product labels. I design and print my own product labels. I fill out my own shipping / tracking / delivery confirmation labels. I own my own QR Code product barcode. I put the gas in my vehicle to take my orders to the shipping companies. I'm sure I know more about your "etc,etc and unfortunately, etc." than you might... ;)

Now. Do I have a monopoly on MY products ? No. Can the common kid build most of my products out of simple components from Radio Shack for less ? Yes. Do other vendors sell items similar to mine ? Yes. I charge about half of what they charge for similar items. My point is, first, you do not want to argue over "costs" associated with a product with me. Second, my products can very easily be created by anyone with the knowledge to do so.

The basis of my reply is, why spend more than you have to if you don't have to. The average cost of my hand built products is about $10.00 I don't charge $25.00 ( even though I should ) However I do charge a fair market value and still make a small profit of some sort to pay the bills. I know the other guy charges $25.00 and I only charge $10.00, but, I also make the profits off of his lack of understanding that high prices doesn't create a return customer base.

Seriously you do not want to get in to the argument of what costs are associated with a product unless you make that product yourself. Just don't even go there with me. Until you are setting in my seat, at my bench, in my shop, trying to get the product from here to the consumers doorstep... just don't do it.

I am sorry that this thread got taken way off topic, but, this is MDS and it's a daily expectation here. I was not trying to beat back this Inline Fabrication's "product" I was merely enlightening the poor on other alternatives. However, a nerve was struck in regards to "product costs" issue and like I said, you don't even want to go there with me unless you are setting at my bench building the "product(s)" yourself.

My sincerest apologies to you Flips, however, nothing in your OP stated that your OP was a "Product Review", therefore, I openly made cheaper alternative suggestions to the product you were simply sharing that you had experience with.

Last edited:

Baumer

Jan 21, 2010
    My DIY alternative still remains. I'm not here to defeat the purpose of the product. I replied to maybe save the next poor fella from spending too much on an item that can be found cheaper anywhere else (even at Petsmart or Petco). Don't argue this point with me. I am in business for myself and I have guys tell me all the time, "You don't charge enough" Do I raise my rates ? NO. I don't believe in sticking it to the Consumer like the other guy, which brought this new customer to me in the first place... THANKS OTHER GUY FOR YOUR HIGH PRICES. Keep UP the good work over there...

The basis of my reply is, why spend more than you have to if you don't have to. The average cost of my hand built products is about $10.00 I don't charge $25.00 ( even though I should ) However I do charge a fair market value and still make a small profit of some sort to pay the bills. I know the other guy charges $25.00 and I only charge $10.00, but, I also make the profits off of his lack of understanding that high prices doesn't create a return customer base.

I am sorry that this thread got taken way off topic, but, this is MDS and it's a daily expectation here. I was not trying to beat back this Inline Fabrication's "product" I was merely enlightening the poor on other alternatives. However, a nerve was struck in regards to "product costs" issue and like I said, you don't even want to go there with me unless you are setting at my bench building the "product(s)" yourself.

My sincerest apologies to you Flips, however, nothing in your OP stated that your OP was a "Product Review", therefore, I openly made cheaper alternative suggestions to the product you were simply sharing that you had experience with.

WOW - so I posted the link to Inline Fabrication a couple weeks back and this is what it devolved into. Flipz, great review sounds like you're pleased with the product, as I am with the roller handle I purchased.

SOMDSHOOT - While I appreciate what you're saying I think your comments about saving a few $$ for the poor miss the mark. The target market for this product are people who've already purchased a ~$400 press and with the accessories (dies, shell plates, case feeder, bullet feeder, trimmer, etc) likely have north of $1000 invested in their setup. If they were truly poor they would not need this product because they couldn't have afforded the setup to begin with. Further, people who invest in progressive setups do so because they value their time. Running around to Petco and Radioshack to cobble something together doesn't make sense to me. That time would be better spent reloading a few hundred rounds and I would gladly pay $25-30 for that without feeling like someone is "sticking it to me".

I'm not sure if you reload and/or reload with the LNL-AP, but my one complaint about the press is the lack of accessories from the OEM. This company seems to have tapped into the market of LNL-AP owners who feel the way I do. The free market will determine if their prices are fair. Your comments above seem to indicate you place a moral standard on pricing not a fair "market" standard. I have no problem with the company turning a profit and reinvesting some dollars into R&D to create more great accessories for my press.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    WOW - so I posted the link to Inline Fabrication a couple weeks back and this is what it devolved into. Flipz, great review sounds like you're pleased with the product, as I am with the roller handle I purchased.

SOMDSHOOT - While I appreciate what you're saying I think your comments about saving a few $$ for the poor miss the mark. The target market for this product are people who've already purchased a ~$400 press and with the accessories (dies, shell plates, case feeder, bullet feeder, trimmer, etc) likely have north of $1000 invested in their setup. If they were truly poor they would not need this product because they couldn't have afforded the setup to begin with. Further, people who invest in progressive setups do so because they value their time. Running around to Petco and Radioshack to cobble something together doesn't make sense to me. That time would be better spent reloading a few hundred rounds and I would gladly pay $25-30 for that without feeling like someone is "sticking it to me".

I'm not sure if you reload and/or reload with the LNL-AP, but my one complaint about the press is the lack of accessories from the OEM. This company seems to have tapped into the market of LNL-AP owners who feel the way I do. The free market will determine if their prices are fair. Your comments above seem to indicate you place a moral standard on pricing not a fair "market" standard. I have no problem with the company turning a profit and reinvesting some dollars into R&D to create more great accessories for my press.

I blame you for all that has transpired Baumer. :mad54:

J/K :D. Im very happy with the kit. It does exactly what I paid for it to do, and it does it well.

Baumer

Jan 21, 2010
    I blame you for all that has transpired Baumer. :mad54:

:facepalm: To make amends you can go ahead and clear some room on your reloading bench by sending me that Powderfunnels PTX that your not using. It's the least I could do.:shrug::D

nyc71

May 14, 2012
    I'm going to set this up on the 550s & the LnL.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354771382.079185.jpg

kingstrider

Dec 10, 2011
    I noticed Hornady is in on the bandwagon with their own version. I really need to get into gear and get something for my AP!

Bigrascal

Sep 7, 2012
    Chase
    I have been looking to add a light source for my press, but was concerned about heat of a conventional 110v light.

Thank You Flipz for introducing such an innovative idea

Thank You SOMDSHOOT for giving us an inexpensive alternative

I ordered a set of the cheapies for $4.00. will post a review once installed

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom