• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rayg5102

Apr 12, 2009
    Frederick
    so far sounding good, I still need to get a couple of more good experience posts before I drop any coins.

Just my nature...purchasing manager by profession..and currently looking by the way

JoshHop

Nov 22, 2010
    Crofton Md.
    I bit

I bit, went in light for 500 rounds of .223 wolf.

I noticed the Wolf ammo has (Advanced Polymir Coating), whats the draw back on this as opposed to standard brass?

-JH

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS

I noticed the Wolf ammo has (Advanced Polymir Coating), whats the draw back on this as opposed to standard brass?

-JH

Wolf has steel cased ammo, basically. The newer wolf (grey case) is supposidly better than the older steel case (greenish, think WWII colors). They'll be a little harder on your gun, but they are quite a bit cheaper :thumbsup:

Nanook

F-notso-NG-anymore

-JH

Steel cases don't expand as much as brass. When fired, some of the crap stays in the chamber and fouls it up a bit. If it's a direct impingement AR, the gas tube dumps some back in anyway, but at the top of the action.
    Steel is a little harder on the parts than brass, but realistically, an extractor wearing out a little faster is a hell of a lot cheaper than firing brass cases as blasting ammo.
    Just remember to hit the chamber with a brush before going back to brass cases. Not doing so will cause FTF/FTEs.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    Ordered mine the 18th just got here today but for free shipping I can wait also factor in the fact its coming from CA and UPS doesn't move on thanksgiving or day after.

We had a shipment from Texas get shipped on the 23rd and just got here today and it's generally a 2day ship...so from the west coast I'm sure it'd slow things up even more!

That's the worst website I've ever seen lol.

But I'm glad it's legit.

I was cautious to say the least ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom