• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    PSA- I have been buying my ammo from SGAmmo for over a year, I liked their deals. Now I think they are making a money grab, using Israel as their excuse. A friend told me Mollys Place has 9mm FMJ (various brands) for $240/1000 and free shipping. I just ordered 2000 rounds, should be delivered Tuesday.
    I've been buying from them for a while too and agree, I think they are making a money grab.

I tried Molly's place for 5.56 and they are sold out.

LexiGold

Sep 1, 2022
    Eastern Shore
    Paid 46¢/round inc. tax and shipping for 556,
    will be about 36/round once I cash the rebate check.
    Same ammo is now $609 before shipping and taxes. Glad I got it when I did. Would be over 70¢/rd now.
    Not sure what's going on, heard rumors about closing lake city to civilian sales, but then heard that was false.
    Not sure what caused 556 prices to basically double in a couple weeks. 9mm is unchanged

Last edited:

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    Same ammo is now $609 before shipping and taxes. Glad I got it when I did. Would be over 70¢/rd now.
    Not sure what's going on, heard rumors about closing lake city to civilian sales, but then heard that was false.
    Not sure what caused 556 prices to basically double in a couple weeks. 9mm is unchanged
    New York Times is starting the ball rolling on shaming the Lake City civilian sales... I figure it is only a matter of time before they pull the plug due to manufactured hysteria...

LexiGold

Sep 1, 2022
    Eastern Shore
    They are just throwing things at a wall to see what sticks. That angle is such a reach, even for the gun control clowns. A trillion rounds were made in a factory and a few were used by criminals? Good grief.

I found an article claiming a viral social media post claiming 30% of the civilian supply of 556 was going to "vanish" and that's the reason for the run on ammo and higher prices. Who knows lol

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    New York Times is starting the ball rolling on shaming the Lake City civilian sales... I figure it is only a matter of time before they pull the plug due to manufactured hysteria...

Screenshot_20231114_093300_X.jpg

Yup. Seems a bunch of anti-gunners all simultaneously got marching orders to go after lake city.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    Between unsubstantiated social media rumors and vendors like SGAmmo sending out fabricated panic emails, prices go up with no shortage.

Phoenix_1295

MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    Well, SGAmmo is showing their real colors. They jacked up their price by $30/case several weeks ago, and now they drop it back to their normal price and call it a sale.

IMG_7348.jpeg

Or they realized folks stopped buying from them and this is a way to try to get customers back. (Their scare tactics emails and associated mega markups were enough to stop me from patronizing them.)

Sgt6402

Jan 21, 2008
    md
    Well, SGAmmo is showing their real colors. They jacked up their price by $30/case several weeks ago, and now they drop it back to their normal price and call it a sale.

View attachment 440588

Or they realized folks stopped buying from them and this is a way to try to get customers back. (Their scare tactics emails and associated mega markups were enough to stop me from patronizing them.)

SGAmmo is nothing more than a OVER PRICED, BS PANIC STIRRING, MONEY GRUBBING POS!! Rather buy LOCAL at a Gun Show, Gun Shop, or use AMMOSEEK and still WILL GET IT CHEAPER than what SGAmmo is charging!!

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I've been buying from Sgammo for almost 10 years. Sam does get a bit hyper at times.

That said, he was selling Winchester 300BO 150 gr XP deer ammo for a pretty low price-139.50/200 rds. He said at the time that is was seriously cheap, so I bought a bunch. Soon after, he raise the price to 209.50/200 rds. According to ammoseek, he's still the cheapest on the market, and the 1000 rd case price is now considerably more expensove per round than what I paid.

Besides that, for a while he was about the only source for .455 Webley.

I'm good with Sgammo; I will however check the prices for comparison.

Phoenix_1295

MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    SGAmmo is nothing more than a OVER PRICED, BS PANIC STIRRING, MONEY GRUBBING POS!! Rather buy LOCAL at a Gun Show, Gun Shop, or use AMMOSEEK and still WILL GET IT CHEAPER than what SGAmmo is charging!!

The only time I have bought from SGAmmo was when they had an extremely low sale price on something I use, which was rare. Maybe twice in last 3 years.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    I've been buying from Sgammo for almost 10 years. Sam does get a bit hyper at times.

That said, he was selling Winchester 300BO 150 gr XP deer ammo for a pretty low price-139.50/200 rds. He said at the time that is was seriously cheap, so I bought a bunch. Soon after, he raise the price to 209.50/200 rds. According to ammoseek, he's still the cheapest on the market, and the 1000 rd case price is now considerably more expensove per round than what I paid.

Besides that, for a while he was about the only source for .455 Webley.

I'm good with Sgammo; I will however check the prices for comparison.

SG just came out with "Price Protection". If you buy it now and the price drops, including Black Friday, he'll refund the difference if you email him.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I made a bulk purchase earlier this year and including the membership it saved me money on that purchase, so the advance notice on sales and free shipping for the coming year didn't cost me anything. I wasn't expecting the box of 9mm that was included in my order at no charge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom