• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheEvilZX2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2011
    I just got the tracking info for my order, took 4 days since ordering and showing delivery scheduled for Thursday. Not too bad in my book

Posted with my Muth*rfkn TapaTalk!

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    Practice like you are playing the game. Why shoot ball ammo in practice when you will be shooting hollow points while carrying!
    I train with FMJ that has the same ballistic specs as my carry ammo. I, occasionally, shoot some carry ammo and it hits the same mark as my training ammo. That is enough verification, for me, that training with similar FMJ is sufficient. Now if you train with cheap ammo that doesn’t match your carry ammo specs, you may have different results.

Phoenix_1295

MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    I just got the tracking info for my order, took 4 days since ordering and showing delivery scheduled for Thursday. Not too bad in my book

I regularly deal with Bucking Horse, and I find their shipping to be rather quick. Usually on my porch within 7-10 days from placing order, via UPS.

I don’t wait until I’m out. Instead, I stock up during sales, so I don’t need it overnight or 2nd day.

dannyp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 30, 2018
    order came today , looks great , a solid buy . thanks baldheaded !

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Practice like you are playing the game. Why shoot ball ammo in practice when you will be shooting hollow points while carrying!
    How much do you shoot each year? The only people I know who shoot HP regularly for practice either reload it themselves or get it free from .gov

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    How much do you shoot each year? The only people I know who shoot HP regularly for practice either reload it themselves or get it free from .gov
    My understanding is if you’re not going through a case of JHP a month you’re doing yourself a disservice.

rfawcs

Si Se Pwodway
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 15, 2008
    Waldorf, MD
    I ordered some of the trade-in 9mm and some .223 on the 9th, and it arrived this morning. It's the most well-packed ammo I've ever ordered. I'm impressed.

Parry

Nov 22, 2020
    On my way out of Maryland
    Buy at your own risk. I’ve had perfect deliveries when they choose UPS but this time they used Fedex. Below are the results. Thanks Fedex...

Attachments

• IMG_0924.jpeg
      IMG_0924.jpeg
      311.3 KB · Views: 69
    Last edited:

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I regularly deal with Bucking Horse, and I find their shipping to be rather quick. Usually on my porch within 7-10 days from placing order, via UPS.

I don’t wait until I’m out. Instead, I stock up during sales, so I don’t need it overnight or 2nd day.
    I want to put in an order. Good prices. They offer insurance/protection on orders. I never did that with other suppliers.
    Do you opt for that?

Phoenix_1295

MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    I want to put in an order. Good prices. They offer insurance/protection on orders. I never did that with other suppliers.
    Do you opt for that?
    Looking at my past orders, it doesn’t look like I paid for insurance, but I DO pay for the “overpack box” because UPS/FedEX tend to drop heavy packages and it prevents breaking open the inner box.

ETA: In fairness, UPS has never broken any boxes of ammo, but the ones I get through FedEx routinely look like they were run over by the truck. The FedEx deliveries were the deciding factor to pay the $3 for the overpack box.

Last edited:

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    Do you opt for that?

If you dig through their FAQ, it explains what the protection package gives you. Basically faster replacement if a shipping issue. I don’t know when they started that but I’ve never used it as it adds quite a bit of money for a case or two. My take was you still have the usual FedEx or UPS protections in case of a lost or damaged shipment. YMMV.

Never had an issue with BH. I also select the overwrap and they pack the box very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom