• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cyclone

Jr. Zombie Killer
    Jan 25, 2010
    Rosedale, MD
    Lol... its sportsman warehouse not sportsman guide... i have talk to the ceo of that company and he said there are 4 states he dont sell ammos and that includes marylanders...:envy::mad54:

mike_in_md

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2008
    Howard County
    There are some locations in Maryland that do not allow ammo to be shipped. I think Annapolis and Montgomery county do not allow ammo shipments.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    There are some locations in Maryland that do not allow ammo to be shipped. I think Annapolis and Montgomery county do not allow ammo shipments.

The montgomery county law was struck down by the courts. Local jurisdictions cannot enforce any such laws as firearms can only be regulated at the state level.

But Montgomery County leaves the voided law on the books, which causes some dealers to refuse to ship there.

Just take your business elsewhere if you can.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

shiloh228

Dec 25, 2012
    Ballmer County
    Obvious message received: order ammo from a vendor other than Sportsmans Warehouse.

I've used several others: BassPro, Cabelas, AmmoToGo, PSA, Natchez, etc. -- all very happy to take $ from MD.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    The montgomery county law was struck down by the courts. Local jurisdictions cannot enforce any such laws as firearms can only be regulated at the state level.

But Montgomery County leaves the voided law on the books, which causes some dealers to refuse to ship there.

Just take your business elsewhere if you can.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Could you be so kind as to provide me with a link to this? I'd love to tell that to Palmetto State, who have a clause saying they won't ship ammo to Montgomery County. I've heard people don't have issues, but the clause (with 5% restocking charge!) kept me from ordering some decently priced 9mm.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I'd dump buying from Sportsman's Guide. I've had ammo of multiple calibers shipped to my door step with no issues from Cheaper Than Dirt.

After "Cheaper" Than Dirt was advertising 30 rounds AR mags after Newtown for $99, I've decided to stop using them. Yeah, I understand the entire principle of supply and demand, but I also understand price gouging and the irony of "cheaper than dirt". I'll continue to buy from Cabelas and Outdoor World.

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    I just tried to order an AR stock from Sportsmans Guide and they wont ship it here..

D1jinx

Feb 6, 2013
    You guys must be mixing up sportsmanship guide and sportsman warehouse.

I never had any problems with sportsmansguide.

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    My issue with the AR stock was with Sportsmans GUIDE. If I could figure out how to post a screenshot I would

D1jinx

Feb 6, 2013
    My issue with the AR stock was with Sportsmans GUIDE. If I could figure out how to post a screenshot I would

Did you try calling and get an explanation? I get ammo from them without any problems. But since 1 oct I am now unsure

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I'd dump buying from Sportsman's Guide. I've had ammo of multiple calibers shipped to my door step with no issues from Cheaper Than GOLD aka Gougers Inc.

FTFY

I will NOT do business with CTD due to their excessive pricing over the past 10 months.

Scratch

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 18, 2013
    Annapolis

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo