• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wizzer368

Zombie Slayer
    Aug 9, 2010
    Eastern shore of MD
    I'm looking for an ammo cabinet/general gun supply storage. I have a nice safe for my guns but I'm quickly running out of room with all of the ammo and accesories. Any help and pictures would be great.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    One of those JobBox tool holders I think would be great in the basement.

Or when I get the real safe, my StackOn will be the ammo holder.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i bought a smaller stack-on safe from dick's just to hold my ammo. have an electric dehumidifying rod in there also.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I'd be REALLY worried about storing ammo in a sealed container not rated to contain a cook-off. I keep all of my ammo and magazines in 50cal cans on a shelving unit. Not super-secure, but it works.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    I'd be REALLY worried about storing ammo in a sealed container not rated to contain a cook-off. I keep all of my ammo and magazines in 50cal cans on a shelving unit. Not super-secure, but it works.

Use USGI ammo cans then put them into a jobbox to discourage them from "undocumented migration" :lol2:

Those jobboxes are great and can be securely bolted to floors/etc without much trouble.

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    I bought a cheap 6 drawer mechanics tool chest from Sears for all my magazines. It works very well, though I wish I had bought the larger version, since I have a sh1t ton of magazines. Something like that would work well for ammunition as well. But for my ammo, I just bought a heavy duty shelf at Costco, and stored all the ammo in labeled .50/.30 caliber ammo cans. Stick a little descant in each can, and you're good to go. The shelf was like $100, and it holds over 200lb per shelf. So if you already have ammo cans, this is a decent option. Excuse the mess in the pic. I'm remodeling, and the basement gets the overflow. :)
    ammo.png

Edit: Sportsmansguide.com will often run free/$5 shipping for orders over $100 or so. (they will often offer this as an incentive if you renew your membership) You can buy a bunch of cans cheap, and not get reamed on shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom