• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SRTMO

Apr 29, 2009
    Ceciltucky
    The North East Walmart has a good supply of the popular calibers for rifle, pistol, and shotgun. I bought out all the 100 round WWB in .40 caliber. The had plenty of 9mm & 45. 38 is in short supply though.

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    Yep, buying out the whole supply will help the ammo supply problem.

Just think of all those people you are helping to save money.

Really? So if there are 3-4 boxes on the shelf and you need 3-4 boxes, you aren't suppose to buy 3-4 boxes? You have to leave some so "someone else" can save money? Really?

It's not like there were 20 boxes and he bought them all (which is something I may or may not have done on occasion :innocent0). But then again, I am responsible for procuring my own ammo...

Jamie

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Well to each their own...and own is the key thought in many minds it appears.

He clearly bought every box they had, as was stated. If it is a regularly stocked ammo at the present time, then that's cool and my apologies to him and him only. But that's not the message I read, in light of the most recent ammo drought, and why I posted as I did.

Going into that drought I used 9mm which I bought regularly to compete. I bought a couple boxes at a time. Then the drought hit and we all know how scare it was. When I finally did come across ammo I needed, I didn't buy all of it. I left goodly amounts for others and rationed my shooting as needed. Many only snapped up all they could buy and hoarded it.

So yes, if it is a shortage and one doesn't expect a full blown assault on his residence, then I'd say be thoughtful of other shooters. Maybe I am of a different time and value system.

During this past ammo, reloading components and firearm panic, I saw all manner of profitteering of shooters upon other shooters. One guy at the club was bragging about buying primers for $35/1000, buying all he could find then gunbrokering them for $125-$175/1000. I told him bluntly he was part of the problem. So yes, I do have issue with buying out stock. My personal take on it.

For the record, JMintzer, how can you tell how many boxes of ammo the OP bought from his post? No mention was made of it.

SRTMO

Apr 29, 2009
    Ceciltucky
    Yep, buying out the whole supply will help the ammo supply problem.

Just think of all those people you are helping to save money.

This comment doesn't bother me. I'm no hoarder. I am attending the Low Light Engagement Class with Tom Perroni this weekend and needed it for the class. Tom says you need 300 so, I got 400. Otherwise, I usually have to buy ammo before each trip to the range. The only thing I keep stocked is hungry guns.

organized_mayhem

Legend in my own mind
    Ok a little Walmart inventory lesson.

Everything that Walmart sells is set up for automatic order. The system will not order something unless the stock is below a specific amount. Sometimes inventory is so screwed up that they are actually out of something but because the computer shows x amount in stock it will not order any.

For example. I went to the North East Walmart to pick up some ATF +4 transmission fluid. There was none on shelf. I have family who work there so I asked them to check inventory. The Telxon showed they were supposed to have 16 quarts in stock. After talking with the Tire and Lube manager and him checking and confirming there wasn't even any in the back room he said he would zero out the inventory in the computer. 2 days later there was a nice new supply of ATF+4.

So by buying every box he saw, he may have helped you all. There hopefully is more on the way. :D

As for people buying out the stock and then reselling it at a higher price. Once they bought it, it is theirs to do what they want with. If they can sell it at a profit, more power to them. Supply and demand is a bitch isn't it?

Captnstabn

Apr 22, 2010
    I am that guy that will buy every box I see/want/need. If you don't like it, get there before me.

I am not, however, the guy who waits each week for the truck to deliver it, and then buys it all up. I don't care that these people do it, but I have better things to do with my time. When I run low, I will buy as much as I need to resupply. Usually 1000 rds at a time if I can get it.

Stop crying.

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    For the record, JMintzer, how can you tell how many boxes of ammo the OP bought from his post? No mention was made of it.

Exactly! That is why your knock against him was unfounded.

AFA WallyWorld goes, most still have a 6 box limit, so "cleaning them out" of 6 boxes isn't unreasonable. But I guess your elevated "value system" makes you think differently...

Now, as far as profiteering goes, I sincerely hope that you're not insinuating that I did anything of the sort. I've been quite generous with my stash, letting noobs shoot at zero cost. I've traded what I have for what I need, using what I paid as it's value. I've never screwed anyone.

I buy what I want (and can afford) when I want. If you have a problem with that, It matters not to me...

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    SRTMO, glad you didn't take any offense. What is a hungry gun? Never heard that one. I know what it sounds like.

JMintzer, never said I had an "elevated" value system...just a different one.

jchap

Feb 27, 2010
    Just an FYI to everyone. The last time I went to walmart and bought 40 ammo a box of 100 win. Was 30 bucks. Now if I bought the 50 round box it was 13 and change so buying 2 50 round boxes was actually a few bucks cheaper. I asked if this was a sale or something because it made no sense at all but the guy said " no the 50 round boxes are cheaper ". I still scratch my head about it but everytime I go in it's still the same deal !!!! Just my 1 or 2 cents. Lol.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Ok a little Walmart inventory lesson.

Everything that Walmart sells is set up for automatic order. The system will not order something unless the stock is below a specific amount. Sometimes inventory is so screwed up that they are actually out of something but because the computer shows x amount in stock it will not order any.

For example. I went to the North East Walmart to pick up some ATF +4 transmission fluid. There was none on shelf. I have family who work there so I asked them to check inventory. The Telxon showed they were supposed to have 16 quarts in stock. After talking with the Tire and Lube manager and him checking and confirming there wasn't even any in the back room he said he would zero out the inventory in the computer. 2 days later there was a nice new supply of ATF+4.

So by buying every box he saw, he may have helped you all. There hopefully is more on the way. :D

As for people buying out the stock and then reselling it at a higher price. Once they bought it, it is theirs to do what they want with. If they can sell it at a profit, more power to them. Supply and demand is a bitch isn't it?

Very good point, and besides, I see people doing that with firearms as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom