• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wolfejp

Apr 8, 2011
    Waldorf
    I was watching American guns last night, and I saw the owner drop 50K + an antique Knife for 40 used guns. Am I the only one that thinks that that was a bit excessive. I didn’t see all 40 guns but what I did see there was nothing really special except for the 50 cal.

vin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    I saw that episode too. There could have been some special stuff in there, but probably nothing that would attract attention from the masses like the Barrett. And don't forget any optics that might be in there.

And it's hollywood (kinda)...

Because a helicopter is a practical and affordable means of transportation for someone running a small business.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    I have watched all the shows so far and...well...it sucks. I find the Father to be a slime ball used car salsmen type. The wife has a bad set of fake tis and I have no idea what she does, it seems like they just make up stuff to put her in the show. The son comes across as a clueless tool, who dress's like a ghetto rat. The daughter is a hot little girl but seems like a bitch with a bright future in the pole swingging field. The way the father talks to the "gun smiths" in the basement is stupid and looks like all scripted.

Flying around in a chopper and toting a bag full of cash is not that inpresive to me. It looks stupid and pompass as hell. I wanted this show to be good but its just to hollywood and put together. I will say I like the hooker/rich house wife with the pink 1911 she should recomend a plastic surgen to the wife.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    I do not understand any of the pricing on that show. They charged $15K (or something astronomical) for a pistol they knocked out in a couple days.

If I am spending $15K it better have a full auto switch.

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    and that "hand cannon" was a complete farce -- hacking off the barrel on a Hawken and crapjobbing a bronze sleeve and half assed "stock", all held together with carpet tacks and ribbon wire... I could make a better handcannon WITHOUT a lathe! And in a substantially larger calibre. hell, you could buy something better online for a fraction of the price. :crazy::sign03:

and the bad plastic surgery (i.e., all of it, as far as I'm concerned) is really ridiculous.:puke2:

but the helicopter is perfectly reasonable...:rofl:

wolfejp

Apr 8, 2011
    Waldorf
    I think they need to use all of the money they made off of those overpriced guns and get the plastic surgery fixed.

and that "hand cannon" was a complete farce -- hacking off the barrel on a Hawken and crapjobbing a bronze sleeve and half assed "stock", all held together with carpet tacks and ribbon wire... I could make a better handcannon WITHOUT a lathe! And in a substantially larger calibre. hell, you could buy something better online for a fraction of the price. :crazy::sign03:

and the bad plastic surgery (i.e., all of it, as far as I'm concerned) is really ridiculous.:puke2:

but the helicopter is perfectly reasonable...:rofl:

:thumbsup:Really,I would have used a precision instrument (like a chop-saw) instead of a hacksaw:innocent0

I think they need to use all of the money they made off of those overpriced guns and get the plastic surgery fixed.

Yeah,fix the boobs first then the eyes.:lol2:

A. Wayne

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2011
    Well seems that Maryland Shooters Forum and myself have determined that this show is just bad. I bet it will have several seasons...

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I'd take S.O.G over this bunch of douches any day of the week, granted, both are less than ideal if I put it nicely, but at least S.O.G had some moments where they actually lost some of the douchebag factor - if only briefly.

Sev89

Dreams about cheese
    Nov 4, 2010
    Anatomy Park
    That show's laughable at best. Got bored and tried watching it one night, the instant they showed the wife, I felt like I wanted to barf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom