• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lauderman

Mar 5, 2013
    LEXINGTON PARK
    I hope it comes down. I just read another story about them wanting to put an extra tax on ammo. I bought 2 boxes of 5.56 when I bought the AR and one of .45 when i bought it. The hubby and I went to try out the new additions at Fred's and had to buy their ammo. I loved the range but hated that policy lol. It was our first time there and it's pretty nice but I hate being forced to buy their ammo. For now, I'll scour the net or take a drive over to Big Dog's. I'd much rather give VA the tax dollars.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jun/25/taxing-the-second-amendment/
    I dont mind buying the ammo at the ranges as there is not a huge profit on gun sales and owners use that to increase their already meager profit margins or the backstops have a specific rating. Plus that allows me to save the good stuff for anyone who may decide to make an unannounced visit inside my house in the middle of the night.

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    Anyone else been to all pawn the last two days? Did they release to you with dc letter, military, and recent nd?

I stopped by All Pawn this evening, waited patiently in line and when it was my time I asked Ron if I could talk to him about a release. There were other customers filling out 4473/77Rs so we stepped aside, and I politely explained that I frequently transfer firearms through him, I have paperwork for a transfer dated 6/4/13, I have paper work for previous transfers through his shop, I am a designated collector, and a military veteran. I opened a folder and had the necessary documents to back up everything I just explained to him, he took a quick look at my paperwork and said, "I think I can help you out." He went in the back and 5 minutes later I had my three purchases in my hand. I told him that I appreciate that he is doing this and that I was looking for a particular handgun tat he did not have in stock but he is going to order it tomorrow.

Last edited:

ziondogg

Feb 1, 2012
    SOMD
    I stopped by All Pawn this evening, waited patiently in line and when it was my time I asked Dennis if I could talk to him about a release. There were other customers filling out 4473/77Rs so we stepped aside, and I politely explained that I frequently transfer firearms through him, I have paperwork for a transfer dated 6/4/13, I have paper work for previous transfers through his shop, I am a designated collector, and a military veteran. I opened a folder and had the necessary documents to back up everything I just explained to him, he took a quick look at my paperwork and said, "I think I can help you out." He went in the back and 5 minutes later I had my three purchases in my hand. I told him that I appreciate that he is doing this and that I was looking for a particular handgun tat he did not have in stock but he is going to order it tomorrow.

Nice!:party29:

bigwillc

Apr 12, 2013
    Charles County - Da Dorf
    I stopped by All Pawn this evening, waited patiently in line and when it was my time I asked Dennis if I could talk to him about a release. There were other customers filling out 4473/77Rs so we stepped aside, and I politely explained that I frequently transfer firearms through him, I have paperwork for a transfer dated 6/4/13, I have paper work for previous transfers through his shop, I am a designated collector, and a military veteran. I opened a folder and had the necessary documents to back up everything I just explained to him, he took a quick look at my paperwork and said, "I think I can help you out." He went in the back and 5 minutes later I had my three purchases in my hand. I told him that I appreciate that he is doing this and that I was looking for a particular handgun tat he did not have in stock but he is going to order it tomorrow.

Good deal! Glad you were taken care of. You did it the right way by being prepared by explaining and having paperwork to back it up. All Pawn will continue to gain customers within in the area.

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    Good deal! Glad you were taken care of. You did it the right way by being prepared by explaining and having paperwork to back it up. All Pawn will continue to gain customers within in the area.

I do not think that Dennis is doing this for all of his customers. The first thing he asked to see was my designated collector letter and having another 'not disapproved' 4473/77R within the past few weeks/months seemed to be the golden ticket. He did want to know if I had transferred through his store before.

It is important to be polite and mindful of other customers. While you may meet his criteria for an 8-day release but that does not mean that the two guys standing next to you filling out paper work will qualify.

PeePeeMcGee

Jun 24, 2013
    NOVA
    I just called All Pawn and asked them about releasing before a ND. I told the gentleman that I talked to on the phone that I have used them for all of my FFL transfers and have a recent ND from them. I asked if they would release my gun. He said they arent releasing before a ND and the firearm must be held until they receive approval fromt he MSP. Ive used All Pawn for all of my FFL transfers, I have a recent ND with them and I have never been in any kind of trouble before. I guess I just dont understand their policy.

FWPhoto

Jun 3, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    I just called All Pawn and asked them about releasing before a ND. I told the gentleman that I talked to on the phone that I have used them for all of my FFL transfers and have a recent ND from them. I asked if they would release my gun. He said they arent releasing before a ND and the firearm must be held until they receive approval fromt he MSP. Ive used All Pawn for all of my FFL transfers, I have a recent ND with them and I have never been in any kind of trouble before. I guess I just dont understand their policy.

You may have better success by going in and talking to them in person. How long ago was your last ND? Do like the other poster did and take your other paperwork with you. They basically told me the same thing on the phone. I did have to wait 96 days for the 1st one but they gave me both when I went in to get the 1st.

PeePeeMcGee

Jun 24, 2013
    NOVA
    Yeah I'll probably give that a try... My last ND with them was probably in Feb/March. I have a ND from another shop in early June. I wonder if theyll consider that?

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona

As FWPhoto previously posted, they are using case by case discretion. Be polite and do as I and FWPhoto have done and you may get a different response. It is no surprise to me that you got the answer that you did by calling the shop.

They use case by case discretion and do not release without a previous ND (unless something has changed in the past couple days.) I waited 96 for my 1st and they released the 2nd one before that ND came back. I will caution anyone that deals with them to be patient and courteous. If you do so, they'll likely treat you with the same respect. Do not go there beating on your chest touting the laws and constitution...that will get you nowhere with them.

FWPhoto

Jun 3, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    Yeah I'll probably give that a try... My last ND with them was probably in Feb/March. I have a ND from another shop in early June. I wonder if theyll consider that?

In the grand scheme...that's not that long ago. What's the worst that can happen? They keep your guns longer? You might get lucky though lol. :D

285ferrari

Dec 7, 2012
    Waldorf

In person visit says MUCH more then a phone call....

ziondogg

Feb 1, 2012
    SOMD

Do you have a dc license?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom