• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Buck

I normally shoot a Glock22 and would like to get as realistic airsoft copy to use for training purposes. Can anyone provide recommendations on what are the best models and where I can purchase them? I've done a few web searchs and came up with quite a bit but I'd prefer to hear from someone who has actually held and operated one.

JKrew

Jul 2, 2008
    A few years ago before I started getting real guns I was into airsoft. I have an airsoft USP and it is very similar to my real HK USP. It is made by a company called KWA I think and cost over $100 dollars. I don't know about new comanies making airsoft guns and what would be good now, but what I have is pretty good.

rglrguy

Dec 15, 2010
    Harford
    You would want to get the G17/G22 replicas not the G23. I have a KJW G19 gas blowback that is great for training. It fits in all the same holsters as my real one and is a cheap alternative to teach new shooters proper form. My whole setup with propane adaptor and bbs was about 200 dollars.

The KJW has a more realistic trigger than the KWA and is supposed to be more realistic in weight and balance. I like it a lot and would buy it again.

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010
    It depends on how much you want to spend and how realistic you want it to be.

TM (tokyo mauri) is great build quality, and dimensionally the most realistic. Not that the others are bad, but the fit on the TM ones are the best. Weightwise, airsoft pistols are going to have more of the weight in the rear but the balance isn't bad when you compare it to a firearm with a loaded mag.

Downside with TM is that they come with plastic slides that will need to be replaced. It's a little bit harder to find airsoft glock stuff in america now because glock filed for trademark protection. It's still possible, but if you're having a lot of trouble shoot me a pm.

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010
    KWA's are still made. Glock didn't actually sue anybody they filed for trademark protection. Nobody with a company / subsidiary in the US can sell them without getting in major trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom