• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CobraMike

Back in Black
    Mar 30, 2008
    Frederick
    Has anyone ever used or have one?

My brother gave me the mount and a Streamlight flashlight for my G17. When i tried to put it on, the allen bolt that goes across the mount would not line up with the groove in the rail. It was very very close, but just a pinch off. I flipped the mount around and attached it that way, without the bolt in the groove. It works when the gun isnt being shot, but after the third round and the range today it fell off.

So my question is, is it even made for the glock? The website says will fit most glocks, but I guess mine doesnt fall under that category? If its not really the best (or even designed for it) for the 17, what do you guys reccomend? I really like the flashlight. Looks real mean when mounted on the gun. So I would like to continue using it. Thanks for any help.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Has anyone ever used or have one?

My brother gave me the mount and a Streamlight flashlight for my G17. When i tried to put it on, the allen bolt that goes across the mount would not line up with the groove in the rail. It was very very close, but just a pinch off. I flipped the mount around and attached it that way, without the bolt in the groove. It works when the gun isnt being shot, but after the third round and the range today it fell off.

So my question is, is it even made for the glock? The website says will fit most glocks, but I guess mine doesnt fall under that category? If its not really the best (or even designed for it) for the 17, what do you guys reccomend? I really like the flashlight. Looks real mean when mounted on the gun. So I would like to continue using it. Thanks for any help.

What model do you have?

I have a Streamlight TLR-2, and it came with separate "rail pieces" you would insert, one for Glock (marked GL), one for 1913/Picatinny rails (marked 1913), and one other I think.

Most tac lights on the market are made to fit the Glock, and other pistols come secondary on the fitting list, since SOOOO many people (and especially police) use them. Hope that helps.

CobraMike

Back in Black
    Mar 30, 2008
    Frederick
    Its not the TLR-2. It's a Nightcom. It sticks out past the barrell. I never got a box or anything for the light or the mount, so I didn't get the seperate rail pieces. My brother picked up the mount by itself at a gun show in GA and he used the flashlight on his rifle at work before he gave it to me.

G17withlight003.jpg

After messing with it some more the other night, I think I got it on correctly after much frustration. But I'll know for sure after a trip to the range. I like the TLR-2, but right now I cant justify spending that much for a light/laser. So this will have to work for now. Thanks for your help:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom