• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • psoyring

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2010
    Brunswick MD
    Looks like another thousand or so Molot refurbished snipers have popped up again and are in stock at AIM, Mid 500s for Izhevsk, Mid 600s for Tula and Upper 600s for a 1942. Wonder how many more are out there waiting to hit our shores?

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Ya but earliest are usually the best, I do suspect however that there are probably thousands to 10s of thousands and the us is a ready market.

If politics wasn't what it's is I would love to do a reality show on seeking c&r caches around the world and battling importation barriers.

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    I would order one but I'm about to make a big buy, in few days so I'm pre tapped out as well as tapped out for a long while.

Of course I say that but chances are ill succumb to temptation soon after lol.

Oh well as long as I have water and ramen ill manage lol.

Sent from my galaxy s3 using tapatalk 2

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I would order one but I'm about to make a big buy, in few days so I'm pre tapped out as well as tapped out for a long while.

Of course I say that but chances are ill succumb to temptation soon after lol.

Oh well as long as I have hotwater and ramen ill manage lol.

fify lol

saw the snipers at aims.. very tempting... but just purchased another firearm a week ago. :innocent0

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    fify lol

saw the snipers at aims.. very tempting... but just purchased another firearm a week ago. :innocent0

Ill be like les stroud making fires with ceder bark kindling and a bow drill to make fire to heat collected rainwater for my ramen.

If you see me in rags pushing a shopping cart with something piled high under a tarp in it, its full of mausers and ill be taking ammo donations in a little tin cup.

"Arms, arms for the poor."

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Ill be like les stroud making fires with ceder bark kindling and a bow drill to make fire to heat collected rainwater for my ramen.

If you see me in rags pushing a shopping cart with something piled high under a tarp in it, its full of mausers and ill be taking ammo donations in a little tin cup.

"Arms, arms for the poor."

:lol2:

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    I ordered a tula yesterday...

i ordered a tula as well, hell we're close enough and ordered close enough to one another that ours may share a truck ride part of the way heh.

ultimately, i decided i had to take advantage of this, REAL snipers have probably never been cheaper, at least not in the years ive been collecting at least. so this is actually one of the few new things to start hitting the market in any numbers that is actually a great deal. and i felt a real sniper was an absolute necessity in my collection.

i do have one of the century put together snipers that i may sell to offset the cost. its a great rifle, it has a real PU scope, but there is no comparison between having a sniper put together recently, and one i can say may have seen actual service as a sniper rifle.

these are likely to sell out fast, and theres no telling how long they will be available on the market, and the time to buy something is when they are still available through retail channels, cause it will never again be cheaper.

i also think this is a great investment, a genuine mosin sniper will only go up in value.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    They only have the ones for $579 now, what's going to be the major differences in how well it shoots vs. the out of stock Tulas?
    I'm wondering if I should go for what's left or wait it out.

psoyring

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2010
    Brunswick MD
    No performance difference in between the Izhevsks and the Tulas, it's just that the Tulas had lower production numbers, they were busy during the GPW making SVT-40s and Nagant pistols.

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    Well, mine showed up a two days ago. I got a 1944 Tula. It looks like they just slapped a new coat of varnish over the old one before the put it in storage. there are new proof marks and caliber info laser etched on the action. There is no third pin in the rear sight base. There are no refurb marks I see. There are two nice 1944 Tula stars stamped on the stock. I'll post pictures later.

The rear sight base has no finish on the ramp that the slide adjuster rides on. It looks as if its been filed. Maybe they did this to correct for high shooting with the iron sight. I assume these rifles were never meant to be used with the bayonet.

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    Well, mine showed up a two days ago. I got a 1944 Tula. It looks like they just slapped a new coat of varnish over the old one before the put it in storage. there are new proof marks and caliber info laser etched on the action. There is no third pin in the rear sight base. There are no refurb marks I see. There are two nice 1944 Tula stars stamped on the stock. I'll post pictures later.

The rear sight base has no finish on the ramp that the slide adjuster rides on. It looks as if its been filed. Maybe they did this to correct for high shooting with the iron sight. I assume these rifles were never meant to be used with the bayonet.

what!

mine only just arrived a few minutes ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom