• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I recently shot my first Enfield and can honestly say they have some of the smoothest bolts ever. It was deadly accurate (@50 yards) and was all in all a pleasure to shoot. The .303 (which price wise isn't bad) keeps me from buying one because iv'e gone caliber crazy and decided I don't need any more rifles that aren't 7.62x39 or .308 except for maybe adding a ak74 very soon.

But to have a rifle that accepts AK mags, takes 7.62x39, and is apparently pretty accurate........I'm dying to try one out.

Aug 29, 2012
    I have three of these rifles - two of them in 7.62x51mm NATO and one in 7.62x39mm.

There's a bit of controversy about their import into the US. I have spoken to the owner of the company that made them. They are not in the US because of the difficulty dealing with importers. They never got paid even though rifles were well and truely got sold. What happens when the receiver doesnt pay? You dont send more. I understand that importer then went broke.... no surprises I guess, but he was burned by the experience and reluctant to try again.

There are some 7.62x51mm 'Full wood' (looks like standard SMLE but has all new features, stronger receivers etc) versions in Canada (I am told there are still some available through Marstar).

To answer some questions... the 7.62x39mm version takes double stack AK mags. If its not a genuine AIA magazine (almost all in the US are not, as they were pillaged for their 10 round double stack mags) its a good idea to cut a few turns off the magazine spring to reduce the upward pressure of the next round, against the bolt, as it cycles. This ensures smooth manual operation.

The 7.62x51mm version uses slightly modified M14 magazines. Again, double stack.

The rifles were available in either blued or parkerised finish, although it is my understanding almost all exports were parkerised.

M10B2.jpg

M10A3sm.jpg

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Man, sounds like those guns would sell well over here. Surprised that they didn't just try to cut a deal with CAI.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I have three of these rifles - two of them in 7.62x51mm NATO and one in 7.62x39mm.

There's a bit of controversy about their import into the US. I have spoken to the owner of the company that made them. They are not in the US because of the difficulty dealing with importers. They never got paid even though rifles were well and truely got sold. What happens when the receiver doesnt pay? You dont send more. I understand that importer then went broke.... no surprises I guess, but he was burned by the experience and reluctant to try again.

There are some 7.62x51mm 'Full wood' (looks like standard SMLE but has all new features, stronger receivers etc) versions in Canada (I am told there are still some available through Marstar).

To answer some questions... the 7.62x39mm version takes double stack AK mags. If its not a genuine AIA magazine (almost all in the US are not, as they were pillaged for their 10 round double stack mags) its a good idea to cut a few turns off the magazine spring to reduce the upward pressure of the next round, against the bolt, as it cycles. This ensures smooth manual operation.

The 7.62x51mm version uses slightly modified M14 magazines. Again, double stack.

The rifles were available in either blued or parkerised finish, although it is my understanding almost all exports were parkerised.

M10B2.jpg

M10A3sm.jpg

I am envious, I thought I was the only one who owned multiples. I have both the A1 and A2 in 7.62*39. They go for $700 to $800 now which is a hair over what the few that got in sold for at Gander Mountain.

My A2 has been giving me some grief wiht loading, it doesnt want to feed from Hungarian AK mags, going to try the factory 10rd next time I go out as it has a lot thinner mag lips (similar to the current Korean AK mags).

A1 has been oiled and archived.

100_1348.JPG

Eagle72

Feb 24, 2013
    Slidell, LA
    If you are still interested in one of these rifles, I have one. Just an FYI, it does use the double-stack style AK magazine. This rifle I have has 1 original magazine and 2 - 5 round mags I picked up.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    One of mine is for sale I put a silly price on it in classifieds but available at a decent offer.

Really just looking for a pinned and recessed combat magnum

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    I saw these mentioned in the C & R "Rarest Gun You Own" thread. I had never heard of these and did some searching on the web. One of the things that popped up is a AIA M10 .308 Mag for sale on Gun Broker with a starting bid of $95.00. Since I see a few of you own or owned one. Here is the link to the mag on GB, the auction ends 5/7/22 and there are no bids so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom