• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    I wanted to get some opinions. After the new year I want to get a new gun safe.

Just out of preference I have sold all of my long guns. I built an AR pistol and i don't know why but I am about to relieve myself of it this weekend if everything goes as planned. Then the only other Long Gun is a .22 rifle which I will most likely be letting go of. I am still unsure of it at this moment.

Currently I have some POS Biometric smaller safe which is a decent size for my pistols, its 24"hx24"wx18"D

I also have a heavy gauge steel sheet safe for the one long gun.

The biometric safe is finicky as sometimes you have to lick your finger and then wipe it off on your shirt to have enough moisture to get it to read and even then it must read a couple times if not positioned exactly right.

What I want: I intend to continue collecting pistols and adding a MP5PDW style pistol to the collection and making sure I keep pistol caliber only. No carbines, no long guns etc.

I would like a Small Safe that I can arrange pistol hooks or racks too to store my pistols and make the most of the room inside as well as a small area to keep a compact mp5pdw. I would like to house 12-18 pistols along with this MP5.

I would also like to have electronic entry (keypad or pushbutton or bio) with a tumble backup. I will try to avoid a keyed lock as I have kids and don't wish to have to worry about my kids getting ahold of a key to the safe but also don't want to destroy it to get in it should the electronics fail.

I am not sure where to start, I almost thought about building my own however I know nothing about locking mechanism and fire protection etc. So that may be a little less viable.

Anyone have any good recommendations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom