• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firestorm89

Dec 30, 2012
    I wam looking for reccomendations for a scope for my AR (flat top). This is for 50/100 yard range shooting. I didn't want any more than what I need.

Thanks

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    I am no expert on scopes, but I have the Sightron SI 3x9-40mm scope that I bought online at Optics Planet.

It works well on my AR.

Good luck!

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    A Tasco fits well within your budget. You should be able to find a Tasco World Class 3-9x40 for less than 100 bucks. You should also be able to find a Tasco Target/Varmint 6-24x42/44 for less than 150 bucks.

I use the 3-9x40 for most of my rifles (plinking and hunting), but when I want to do varmint hunting or take long range shots (2 different rifles and 2 T/V scopes) I will go with the 6-24x42/44 Mil-dot scope.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Nikon p-223 in fixed 3 power. I have the 3-9 and love it. Am getting a fixed 3x when I finish my next gun after the panic buying subsides.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    At < $200, I'd definitely be thinking about Primary Arms.

If you can get all the way to $200, a PFI Action-4 plus 1/2" risers will get you absolute co-witness:
    http://www.riflescopes.webyshops.co...ID-RETICLE-Reflex-Quad-Reticle-Sight-Action-4

That's a high-quality Japanese-made (Kenko) reflex sight with a lifetime warranty. I have one mounted on my Saiga 12, and it's completely awesome. Only downside is that the tube is a weird diameter (33mm), so you've got to buy the QR mount from the manufacturer if you need one.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    I went with a Vortex Diamondback 4-12 with a Nikon - 223 mount. I really like it and the scope was $199 at the time.

Attachments

• DSC_5468.jpg
      DSC_5468.jpg
      38.7 KB · Views: 527

Echo

Troublemaker
    Oct 31, 2012
    Annapolis
    Mount recommendations?

Mine came free with the Nikon p-series rings. I don't think they offer that deal anymore. Alone the mounts are about 50$. I would however suggest the m223 instead which is one mount instead of the two p223 independent mounts. Or if you plan on removing it often look for a QD mount though but those run about $100+ for a quality one.

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    Great thread folks. I'm ordering the Primary Arms 3x compact scope and thumbscrew mount for my Colt 6450 with carry handle and fixed front site, and the Nikon P-223 3x32 and m-223 mount for my gal's M&P Sport. Iron sites have been fine for the short range, but it's time to start shooting nickels off fence posts...

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I'm looking as well for some type of red dot or laser reflex sight. I do not want to spend anymore then I have to but I also don't want to buy some junk just for the sake of having a sight. I want to insure I get one that will do a good job and in this "you get what you pay for world" at what $$$$ do you need to be at to insure the sight is a good one? And I don't mean a good enough one that does a half assed job.

buttersnipes

Dec 20, 2011
    Annapolis
    The Burris TAC30 is another option, slightly above your price limit though--around 299 I believe. 1-4x, illuminated reticle, looks pretty sweet actually.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    $200 or less....

It's just north of $200, but it's a bad ass scope for the money. It's a 4x14 power mil dot scope, with mil/mil knobs. At this price ($250), it's an amazing scope.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/45...il-adjustments-first-focal-mrad-reticle-matte

Sorry I don't have a better picture of the reticle handy. That picture is 4x zoom taken with my cell phone.

EDIT: Found two pictures from Snipers hide (same scope, same reticle) First is in 4x and the second is 14x.

Attachments

• BSA Scope.jpg
      BSA Scope.jpg
      29.9 KB · Views: 437
    • BSA_FFP_6.jpg
      BSA_FFP_6.jpg
      37.6 KB · Views: 429
    • BSA_FFP_8.jpg
      BSA_FFP_8.jpg
      29.8 KB · Views: 423

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts