• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    It's a piston AR, with the additional fun feature of side-charging on the handguard. Adcor swears up and down that it doesn't have a carrier tilt problem. Locally made in Baltimore.

It'd be on my short list if I were going to go the piston AR route.

Mickey

Lurker
    Sep 25, 2009
    I'm thinking about one once I get the stamp back for my SBR lower. Every shop I go to seems to not be able to keep them in stock.

runswscissors

Jul 11, 2008
    Harford County
    On piston ARs - to me, it sends up a "BS" Flag. Fixing a problem that doesn't really exist. But I didn't want to lead any opinions either way on my original post.

That said, it seems like an interesting rifle.

Thanks for opinions.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    a buddy of mine owns one. Got to test fire it, shot it beside a DI LE6920. Both had Eotechs and 3X magnifiers

Accuracy: 6920 wins . The adcor grouped about 1.2", 6920 about .75-.85" SS 109
    Weight: Its heavier than the 6920 ( didnt have a scale)
    Recoil: It kicked a bit more than the DI. It also took longer to get back onto the target.
    Ergonomics; About the same, I like the HK type charging handle. Adcor wins this one
    Cost: Colt wins ( 1100 vs 1700)
    Quality: I would rate both guns as equal

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    As a piston gun owner myself, why??

I have piston and D.I. - I run the piston more often just to see what I can break on it, and to either verify or dismiss the accuracy claims.

The balance is better with D.I., the recoil impulse is better with D.I., the accuracy between my 2 uppers at least is VERY close, but the D.I. just gets the edge there.

In hindsight - do I regret buying a piston upper - no, because it has been fun, unique and interesting, but all things considered, I was just as happy with D.I., although as a reloader, I've noticed the brass doesn't stretch as much thru my piston upper when compared to my D.I. upper.

Yay, I can shoot underwater with my piston upper - don't mean anything though, the rounds just going to rip itself apart underwater.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    I have the Adcor Bear Elite and love shooting it. I honestly don't care about piston versus non-piston I just like collecting different AR's. So far I have a Colt HBAR and a Spikes non piston AR and a Daewoo DR200 and Adcor piston AR. Also a CMMG 9mm AR type rifle. I shoot them all and the biggest difference with the Adcor and Daewoo is they do stay cleaner. Doesn't much matter because my OGCD requires me to clean everything I shoot after every range trip!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom