Active LEO in full uniform asked to remove firearm (Medstar urgent care)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crazycarl7

Feb 21, 2009
    Unless you are called for an emergency, Medstar hospital locations and facilities, will, and have, asked LEO in FULL UNIFORM to remove their firearms and store them in their vehicles. If not they will ask you to leave and deny treatment. True story firsthand knowledge

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Which Medstar? I've not encountered anything like that in DC.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Fairly certain that isn't widespread, unless its a new policy. I'm a detective and am in WHC pretty regularly for shootings. Never been asked to secure my gun.

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    AAMC is similar. Buddy is a cop and was there for treatment. They went back and forth and called security. He didn't escalate, but said he will not relinquish his firearm. I believe they caved and allowed him to maintain his gun, but this is out of control

crazycarl7

Feb 21, 2009
    I watched it happen to MSP LEO in Belair Medstar urgent care. He was in full uniform but off duty on his way home from work. Had his son with him who needed X-ray. They told him lock it in his car, or in put it in “their” lockbox for their safety. He did neither and politely left to get treatment for his son somewhere else

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    Unless you are called for an emergency, Medstar hospital locations and facilities, will, and have, asked LEO in FULL UNIFORM to remove their firearms and store them in their vehicles. If not they will ask you to leave and deny treatment. True story firsthand knowledge
    So you're saying citizens and cops are now being treated equally? No qualms here.

Edwonbass

Jan 28, 2021
    Union Mills, MD
    So if something "went down" at the hospital and there was an active shooter, all an off duty cop would be able to do is shrug his shoulders and say sorry you're on you're own. I would think more armed law enforcement at a hospital would be a good thing. Bad things happen in emergency rooms. My wife is an RN and work in one for 10 years. She has stories.

Ap5fan

Sep 26, 2022
    Cockeysville
    I can tell you 100% this isnt their policy and must have been done by the request of someone working there. Which is sad that they would stoop to that employees level and ask a LEO in uniform to remove their firearm.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I have no problem with cops carrying anywhere, but i also believe the same applies to me and others

Our society makes problems out of no problem and then have meetings and talks on how to fix no problems. Governments are the problem and TOO MUCH of government and too big.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom