• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    If you're shooting 100 yards and under go w/ the EOtech or AimPoint. With the EOtech you'll still be able to reach out to 200 yards. The ACOG is great at 200 yards. (I own all three)

Edgemere? Do you know Young's Boat Yard? I hang out there a lot during the Summer.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Your good with any of them. You can use irons out to 500 yards. Eotech will be easier at distances due to the smaller dot. I dont have any expierence with a 2moa aimpoint, but my 4moa would be a pita. Cant speak for the acog. However with the overall price of a eo or ap and mag vs an acog...close to same price. Both can do the distance at that point acog probably has a slight advantage, however at close distance with the mag flipped away the red dots may be a little faster. However i believe you can train and get used to either setup. See what works best with your eyes.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I crave an ACOG but at the moment have an EOTech. I move the EOTech so much. Lots of fun to shoot with. My dream is the ACOG 01nsn. Mmmmmmmm

Fire-4-Effect

Aug 3, 2008
    Frederick, Md
    ACOG eye relief, except on the TA11's, suck. Had a TA01NSN and sold it. EOtech with magnifier is a great setup. Aimpoint with 2moe dot is second best.

My opinion of course.

Phil

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    ACOG eye relief, except on the TA11's, suck. Had a TA01NSN and sold it. EOtech with magnifier is a great setup. Aimpoint with 2moe dot is second best.

My opinion of course.

Phil

I played with an acog today, red triangle and i bdc, it had awesome eye relief. I dont remember if any f the others ive played with had that, id assume they do.

Fire-4-Effect

Aug 3, 2008
    Frederick, Md
    I played with an acog today, red triangle and i bdc, it had awesome eye relief. I dont remember if any f the others ive played with had that, id assume they do.

What model. Look at their website... Show me the model that had good eye relief. The best I can see is the 3x power ones have OK eye relief.

Phil

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I thought the eye reliefs was great too when I used one on a friends rifle. That's what they are known for. All the infantry guys I know love them for that reason, great eye relieve and quick acquisition. Did you try moving it around?

Fire-4-Effect

Aug 3, 2008
    Frederick, Md
    I thought the eye reliefs was great too when I used one on a friends rifle. That's what they are known for. All the infantry guys I know love them for that reason, great eye relieve and quick acquisition. Did you try moving it around?

Show me one with good eye relief. The only ones that are decent are the TA11's. I wear glasses and it makes a big difference for someone with glasses... Which, by the way, should be everyone. I hope everyone shoots with eye protection!

Phil

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom