• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BellyAcher151

channel 28 Breaker!!
    Oct 14, 2011
    Salisbury
    last month I bought (same day) 2 range paper punches both regulated.
    Is it a 30day or 60 day wait before next purchase?

Although Arthurs doesn't do 7 day waiting period so they haven't been delivered yet.

thanks

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    last month I bought (same day) 2 range paper punches both regulated.
    Is it a 30day or 60 day wait before next purchase?

Although Arthurs doesn't do 7 day waiting period so they haven't been delivered yet.

thanks

It is time between deliveries, when the transfer is complete. If both were processed on the same form 77 and you pick up both the same day then you need to wait 60 days after delivery before you take possession of another regulated firearm. If they are handguns and you don't take possession of them before October 1st you will need a HQL (Handgun Qualification License) to take possession of them, not required for "assault long gun". If the paperwork was processed separately then after you pick up the first firearm you need to wait 30 days to pick up the second then 30 more days before you can take possession of the next toy. The MSP consider physically getting the gun as when the thirty day clock starts.

BellyAcher151

channel 28 Breaker!!
    Oct 14, 2011
    Salisbury
    They are both on the same form it's a Hand gun and a lower which I wont see either for quite some time since they were just purchased 2 weeks ago.
    I was wondering if I could buy another after 30 days from purchase but it sounds like as long as I dont take possession I'm fine then.

Thanks

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    If you move quickly you can still buy another , and actually pickup before Oct1 from an early (aka on time) dealer. For your present two you will have to go thru the as yet unknown and nonexistant HQL process which will itself take an unknow number of months itself. Depending on the relative timing of the ND and the HQL , if the ND arrives first it expires 30 days after approval ( not fax to dlr ) , so you may well have to start the 77R over again.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Cancel your purchase go to an on time (8 day) release FFL and you can have both in your possession in a little over a week.

If you don't already have a regulated firearm getting one before Oct.1st will exempt you from the as yet undetermined cost of the training requirement for a future HQL. If you don't take possession of the handgun (the lower has not been decided) by Sept, 30 you will have to get an HQL. Cost of HQL $50 + cost of Livescan fingerprints ?? est. $20 to $50 + cost of Training ?? est. $10 (for hunter safety) to $100+. And no one knows how long it will take to get an HQL, MDSP say 30 days but it includes a background check that is currently taking 130+ days for form 77r's.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Is it possible to cancel purchase and get my $$ back on Hg only?
    what about the 77R form with a second weapon?

Thanks

Ask the dealer. Or cancel the whole order re purchase the lower, new paperwork, and buy the handgun at an on time release FFL. Lowers are available at on time dealers. You could if you cancel the order and have the money. Buy two hand guns on the same 77r and have them released after 8 days, buy one or more lowers or "assault weapons" and take delivery 60 days after the two handguns. Talk to the FFL you will deal with up front before you hand them any money.

By the way did he mention that if the handgun has a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds and you don't take possession before Oct.1st you can't have the magazines you paid for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom