• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Full AAR here:

I am not a "revolver guy" per se, but I enjoy shooting them in a competitive context and wanted to get a bit of a headstart on proper technique. I thought the class (which was really a 360 Performance class under the FPF Training hosting, IMHO) did a fantastic job of that.

Reloading for revolvers is a much trickier topic than I gave it credit for back when I bought these guns at the turn of the year, though!

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Full AAR here:

I am not a "revolver guy" per se, but I enjoy shooting them in a competitive context and wanted to get a bit of a headstart on proper technique. I thought the class (which was really a 360 Performance class under the FPF Training hosting, IMHO) did a fantastic job of that.

Reloading for revolvers is a much trickier topic than I gave it credit for back when I bought these guns at the turn of the year, though!
    Nice review as usual.

I seem to recall you had at least a lukewarm (if not worse) experience with Tim in the past for some other class. I'm glad you found this one better.

I've twice trained with the Tim/Ashton combo (Shotgun Skills and Shotgun 360) and find they have a nice synergy, bringing out the best in each other. They are really smart dudes and I've reached the point where I only want to train with smart people who really work hard on their craft.

I own no revolvers so doubt I'd ever take this class, but I'm glad it's another good one.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    Oh, that's nice!
    20221023_095154.jpg

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Nice review as usual.

I seem to recall you had at least a lukewarm (if not worse) experience with Tim in the past for some other class. I'm glad you found this one better.
    The simple reality is that "being a good instructor" and "someone I always get along with" aren't the same circle on a Venn diagram. :P I agree that the dynamic with Ashton being there was noticeably different.

The really interesting aspect about this class was how much the experience changed for people depending on what they brought. A defensive pistol class tends to not be a radically different experience if you brought a P365 or a G34. A revolver class is much, much different for a student depending on whether they brought an LCR in 22lr (or 357!), a K/L-frame with full magnum rounds, or a Super GP100 9mm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom