• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The AA Co. Chapter of the Friends of the NRA is having its annual dinner and auction at the Annapolis Elks Lodge on Saturday August 23rd. The dinner begins at 1600.

Please come out and support the NRA. It was a good time last year.

Attachments

• 2008 AAC FNRA Dinner Flyer.pdf
      228.7 KB · Views: 278
    Last edited:

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I got to one of these things a couple of years ago and it was a pretty good time in spite of the fact that I was sort of new on the scene and didn't know a soul there.

Regardless of how y'all feel about the NRA-ILA and their politics, this event (as I recall) does not have anything to do with that and is geared towards the "traditional" programs of the NRA.

If I can get out of my all day meeting early enough, I'm planning on going.

It would be great if we could have a MDShooters table.....

This event is not about politics above and beyond gunowners getting together. It is an auction to raise money for NRA programs in MD. The junior rifle program at AAF&G has recieved NRA grants the last 6 years. The money for grants like this comes from these events. There will be games to play and good food and drinks. I won a leupold scope at the waldorf dinner a few months ago. I missed a model 60 by this much. I also won a stoeger coachgun at the waldorf dinner. It's alot of fun. Its also a good opportunity to meet and network with fellow shooters.

The redhead and I buy a table each year to lend our support. It would be good to see some of you out there. There is something for everyone.:party29:

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    anyone else?

Note that there are some really good deals on the fundraising tickets if you pre-register. I won some stuff last time without trying very hard.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Love to-but will be out of town. I did send in a donation in celebration of Heller as well as sign my three year old son up for a "Legacy Life Membership". It's a great deal at $300.

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    Love to-but will be out of town. I did send in a donation in celebration of Heller as well as sign my three year old son up for a "Legacy Life Membership". It's a great deal at $300.

Lucky you, I wanted that deal but i dont know anyone in my family that is NRA. Im the Gun Nut as they call me :lol2:

RobMoore

The Mad Scientist
    Feb 10, 2007
    QA
    +2 if we get a group table. I wouldn't want to sit with complete strangers, that would remind me of a wedding....and I hate going to those.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Sounds like a solid plan.

So, we have 2 with me +1.

Norton make 3?

I'll know in a couple of days....I have a meeting in the morning and I'm not sure what time it's over.

Well she didn't mind hanging out with a bunch of us gun nuts at Duclaw last month....

That is because she likes beer! And trust me, she was not amused at being there (at least the premise for it). While she had no problems with the folks there, she just does NOT like firearms in any way and, well, frankly hates the fact that I am in to them. Oh well, too bad; she just has to deal with them. I've already made it perfectly clear that I had firearms in my life long before she was, and they will be around long after her.:D

In any event, I will be there for the 23rd. See y'all there!

Last edited:

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    I might be in for two. I might be taking my oldest to college that weekend, if not I'll be in for a MD Shooters table.

-Boxcab

Just so everyone is aware - this is a buy tickets in advance event. I have arranged for a MD Shooters table provided we can get 8 people. If we get 16 I'll get 2 tables. If you are for real going to attend - get in touch with Wendy - her info is on the flyer and let me know so that I can marry up people and seats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom