• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDGolom

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2010
    Baltimore County
    I just re read the section of the law, granted I'm on my phone, but I don't see that the Regulated firearm has to be owned prior to 10/1/2013.

Read section 4-303. (a) (1) states you can not transport an assault weapon into the state with certain exceptions as stated in section (b). This is where it defines the 10/1/13 date (section 3).

This means that anyone moving into the state will not be allowed to continue possessing a banned weapon unless it was owned prior to 10/1. They will need to register it and, I'm guessing, provide proof of ownership prior to 10/1.

rmiddle

Ultimate Member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Cleveland, TN
    Perhaps it's air travel that gets me thinking outside the box. 281 clearly states that a new resident of Maryland can bring a "assault rifle" to the state provided they register it.

In order to establish residence in Va you need to present one of a few things to establish residency. Find a friend, rent a room, get your drivers license, wait :0 days, buy whatever you want, wait 30 more days, go back to MD DMV re-establish your MD residency. Call MSP and register your firearm. While youre down there make sure you buy lots of 30 round mags.

In the end it wont work. You can't bring a post 10/1/2013 AR15 into the state of MD. If you are moving from PA to MD and you bought an AR15 on 10/2/2013 you will not be allowed to legally bring that into the state. Period. Doesn't mater how long you lived in PA. Doesn't mater how legal it was were you lived you will not be allowed to bring it into the state of Maryland.

Thanks
    Robert

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Or, thumb your nose at this unconstitutional BS and don't register sh*t!:cool:

And after you eventually get found out and arrested for said crime, you take it up the *ss for the rest of your life with a criminal record, difficulty finding employment, and being permanently disqualified from owning firearms. Not a bright idea.

MDGolom

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2010
    Baltimore County
    And after you eventually get found out and arrested for said crime, you take it up the *ss for the rest of your life with a criminal record, difficulty finding employment, and being permanently disqualified from owning firearms. Not a bright idea.

I tend to agree. At some point you'll piss off someone that knows what you did and they'll rat you out for a Klondike bar.

HKB

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2007
    Finksburg, MD
    IF I go through the trouble to change my residence to another state...I am not coming back to MD, meanwhile I am going to do my best to fight the tyrants while here.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    How the F is the state of MD going to prove when you bought an AR-15 in PA?

Most states Ar-15s are sold just like hunting rifles.

Jackalope

Ya, there will be a larger and larger number of people building their own firearms. I know that seeing this stuff going down and living through the 1994 weapons ban was enough to convince me to learn how to build.

Mark

Remember its perfectly 100% legal to buy an 80% lower and machine it yourself for your own use. However you can not buy a box full of them and sell them to anyone else. However part 2, in as far as I can tell it is not illegal to buy a box full of them and give them gifts. Donations to someone for giving such a wonderful gift would be nice tho. ;)

HKB

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2007
    Finksburg, MD

This. ^
    The burden of proof is on the state to prove you did not own before 10/1/13

Just like court, you do not have to prove your innocence. They have to prove you are guilty.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick

Yeah, but the title of the thread said 'Legally". The thread seems to be leaking into "How would they know if you did it illegally". That's a completely different discussion.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    This. ^
    The burden of proof is on the state to prove you did not own before 10/1/13

Just like court, you do not have to prove your innocence. They have to prove you are guilty.

You don't really believe that, do you? When was the last time you went to a court to witness "justice" in action.

HKB

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2007
    Finksburg, MD
    You don't really believe that, do you? When was the last time you went to a court to witness "justice" in action.

A few times and serving jury duty it is disgusting how easy people get off for the state failing to prove guilt.

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011

Fear is how they will control you and every other person until a line in the sand is drawn. Where is your line?

And how is someone going to be found out? How will it be enforced unless you have a police state in place? Do you really want to live in Maryland if that is the case?

mrbunny

Da Bullet go Boom.
    Feb 4, 2013
    Dundalk.
    Fear is how they will control you and every other person until a line in the sand is drawn. Where is your line?

And how is someone going to be found out? How will it be enforced unless you have a police state in place? Do you really want to live in Maryland if that is the case?

Are you saying that you support illegal activity just because you do not find it convenient? Or that violating the law is OK as long as you don't get caught?

The Bunny

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    L0L! No I'm from MD I took that as my name because its so hard to catch one. ;)

They are damn pesky critters! I wonder if they qualify as varmints.

Attachments

• jaunty-jackalope.jpg
      jaunty-jackalope.jpg
      43.1 KB · Views: 318

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    Are you saying that you support illegal activity just because you do not find it convenient? Or that violating the law is OK as long as you don't get caught?

The Bunny

What do you mean by convenient? Our rights are not always "convenient" but they are inalienable and cannot be taken by anyone including a little bureaucratic turd (or turds in this case) in Annapolis.

Question is, do you want to live with the freedom our forefathers fought for or be a slave? Do you agree we are heading in the direction of less and less freedom?

At what point do you draw the line? Will you accept any "law" and willingly comply? What part of "shall not be infringed" do you think is acceptable?

Last edited:

ddeanjohnson

autodidact
    Aug 21, 2010
    I just re read the section of the law, granted I'm on my phone, but I don't see that the Regulated firearm has to be owned prior to 10/1/2013.

After October 1, 2013, the firearms you are asking about will be not "regulated" in the old sense, but banned. The provision you are reading applies to firearms that will still be legal in Maryland but are nevetheless regulated, which after October 1, 2013 will be handguns. New residents will have to register handguns (and also, I expect, any grandfathered "assault" firearms, purchased back before the ban) within 90 days of establishing residency. See my summary of the bill, paragraphs 2, 7, and 8.

Some handguns will also be banned -- the list of 15 "assault pistols" models banned as of 1994, and any other handgun that has a fixed magazine that holds more than 10 rounds (which falls under the "copycat" classification).

None of these restrictions apply to muzzle-loading handguns or to firearms manufactured before 1899.

mrbunny

Da Bullet go Boom.
    Feb 4, 2013
    Dundalk.
    What do you mean by convenient? Our rights are not always "convenient" but they are inalienable and cannot be taken by anyone including a little bureaucratic turd (or turds in this case) in Annapolis.

Question is, do you want to live with the freedom our forefathers fought for or be a slave? Do you agree we are heading in the direction of less and less freedom?

At what point do you draw the line? Will you accept any "law" and willingly comply? What part of "shall not be infringed" do you think is acceptable?

Sorry, but you are wrong, they can be taken away. Quite clearly by the 5th amendment. It's states that by due process rights and property can be deprived.

So, unless you prefer to just pick and choose which parts of the bill of rights you are going to pay attention to, I suggest you rethink your argument.

My line is quite clear, I will follow the law. If there is a time when I cannot live with the law in a specified area then it is my responsibility to leave that area and reside in a location where I can honorably live.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom