• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    This will only drive local business out of business. The reality is that those of us who still buy our ammo locally will just start ordering off of the internet, or drive to Penn., Delaware or Virginia for our ammo. Man, politicians are morons.
    No, they're not morons. They know exactly what they're doing. And yes, the whole idea is to drive gun business out of business. And, really, they're doing a fine job.

It's clear that the maryland voter is incorrigibly leftist. Maryland is one of the five worst states in the Union and there are many elected officals who are intent, not only on restricting the right of citizens to keep and bear arms, but to use taxation to do what courts would otherwise find unconstitutional.

Your only recourse is to move out of the state and let it remain the cess pool it is. All you have to do is move across the river and many people move because of maryland politicians. After the taxes I pay, I still have to pay to park outside of my own house. And when I put out the trash, the garbage people take only what they feel like and leave the rest with a sticker on it.

Communism has never worked anywhere it's been tried and it's not working in maryland. If it were a person, I wouldn't cross the street to pi-- on it if it were on fire.

TheTruth

Sep 19, 2006
    This is really, really bad.

First - forget reloading. Without "encoding" the bullet and having it in some wacky database, this bill WILL effectively stop our hobby.

No manufacturer will do this in their right minds - no one will ship ammo or make batches for Maryland. If Gansler finds out you went to PA or elsewhere to get ammo, he will probably charge you with tax evasion with the approval of Franchot. Just speculation on my part, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Finally, since this is going through (I think?) Ways and Means, there is a clear anti-gun majority. Even if the neutral/unknown votes all go against this in committee, we still don't have enough to quash this before it would go to the floor.

My belief is that if they give up on the judicial committee, they will pass anti-gun laws through others that are more favorable to their cause, as this is already happening. If this gets to the floor, we are probably screwed.

You have to give them credit - they are smart in trying other avenues.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Well, according to my web stats, someone from JoleneIvey.com visited this site in the past couple of days. Since she is on the Ways and Means committee, maybe you should address her directly. Hi Jolene! :wave:

TheTruth

Sep 19, 2006
    Well, according to my web stats, someone from JoleneIvey.com visited this site in the past couple of days. Since she is on the Ways and Means committee, maybe you should address her directly. Hi Jolene! :wave:

Let me start: HI JOLENE!!!

I suppose you aren't willing to hear from our side of the issue?

http://www.gazette.net/stories/080106/prinele145755_31910.shtml

Do you believe Maryland’s gun control laws are too strict, not strict enough or just right?

Not strict enough. Let’s outlaw handguns and semi-automatic weapons, retaining access to reasonable hunting weapons like single shot rifles and shot guns.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Haha....the gun grabber is PWNED! (sorry....too much time on arfcom)

Hey Jolene....how's it feel to have to do an end run around the law abiding citizens of this state to ram through your gun grabbing agenda? Perhaps you should spend more time targeting criminals instead of us. We are supposed to be on the same side.

Uncloak yourself and join in.

HoChiWaWa

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    Let me start: HI JOLENE!!!

I suppose you aren't willing to hear from our side of the issue?

http://www.gazette.net/stories/080106/prinele145755_31910.shtml

Do you believe Maryland’s gun control laws are too strict, not strict enough or just right?

Not strict enough. Let’s outlaw handguns and semi-automatic weapons, retaining access to reasonable hunting weapons like single shot rifles and shot guns.

wow, thanks for leaving the hunting weapons, since we all know the second amendment is only there for hunters. :sad20:

snake guy

Apr 28, 2005
    Only one sponsor so it should be fairly easy to put it down. This is a token effort, but should still be taken seriously.

Given the House rules (below) I would agree that any serious consideration this year is unlikely. Next year might be a different story. On the other hand, this was considered and rejected in California last year, so maybe there is some hope....

INTRODUCTION OF BILL (1st READING OF BILL)
    A bill may be introduced throughout the ninety days of a session, but the later a bill is introduced, the more difficult its passage becomes. A House bill introduced after the 31st calendar day must be referred to the House Rules and Executive Nominations Committee, requires a two-thirds vote to be returned to the floor, and cannot be petitioned from the Rules and Executive Nominations Committee (House Rule 32). For a bill to be introduced during the last 35 days of a session, the rules must be suspended by a two-thirds vote (Const., Art. III, sec. 27). Except for the annual budget bill and bills creating or amending State debts, a House bill that crosses over to the Senate after the 76th day of session is subject to the same restrictions as is a bill introduced after the 24th day.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Emails sent. Take that!:tongue01:

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I hadn't noticed that only regulated firearms need encoded ammo... suddenly all my .45 is for a CX4.

That was one of the points that I raised in my letters. They name the assault weapons individually but it says "regulated firearms" meaning that handgun ammo would be included.:mad54:

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    And since they named street sweepers specifically in the language this would ban all shotgun ammo. We really need to post this in every online forum we can, since now they are targeting all gun owners. This might actually unite Maryland Gun Owners since they are lumping us all into one category.

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    Called Delegate Burns' office and hes out of the office but was told to call back in about 15 minutes. I will post what transpires in our conversation after I get off the phone with him. Any quick and I mean quick sugesstions as to what I should bring up with him?

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    Apparently he has never heard of reloading. I told him that no matter what he put into law, criminals are going to find a way around whatever law you put into effect or just outright break them with no regard to whatever ends he was trying to achieve by making such law. He wants the identifying features to be on the flat side(rear) of the bullet. I told him that all it would take is to use a bullet puller, take the bullet out of the case, scratch off the identifying # or feature, and then re-assemble the bullet and off you go. He sounded very surprised that I knew all about this and asked me about how long it would take to do this process. I told him it would take me under 1 minute to pull the bullet, scrape the # off or deface it beyond recognition, and then reassemble the components. He sounded genuinly humbled and said that he would look into it further and call me back. My first impression were that there was no way that he was gonna back down, but upon talking to the delegate I have some hope that he will follow through on what I said and take his bill down for consideration. I will update everyone when and if he calls me back.

Joe

wlc

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    Form her site
    this says it all

----------------------------------------
    Do you support giving driver’s licenses to illegal immigrants?

Yes, if they are otherwise qualified, it is not appropriate for the State of MD to act as a proxy for federal immigration enforcement, and drivers license bureau does not have the expertise to efficaciously and fairly implement a program of review of immigration status. Illegal immigrants must also have access to auto insurance. It helps no one when involved in a crash with an uninsured driver.

Do you support in-state tuition to illegal immigrants?

Tuition is traditionally based on residency, not citizenship. This remains appropriate.
    ---------------------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom