• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Okay - so, here's a quick intro about me - Just bought my very first gun - and I've never even shot one before... some may say I'm crazy - others may agree - I blame the army boyfriend who started this new "hobby" with his first handgun purchase a few weeks before mine... at least he's shot one before :P and of course he shoots big guns in the army :)

So, I'm officially a Winchester, VA resident and an unofficial Hagerstown, MD resident (I spend more time in Hagerstown than I do Winchester these days), so my background check and waiting period is nill... and my gun is shipping in from Louisiana and will hopefully arrive in time for me to pick it up on Friday from my gun shop in Winchester...

yes... the gun... I studied, read, re-read, held, shopped, looked high and low, and finally found the one I wanted... no, not the bf's S&W 4506... but my very own S&W... an M&P9 JG... what's the JG you ask? it's the one with the pink backstraps... but it also has a competition trigger (at 6.5#) and upgraded sites over the standard M&P9... the pink, and the Breast Cancer Research donation are just bonuses :)

Looking forward to picking up my snap caps, my real ammo, my ears and my eyes, and heading to the range on Saturday... fingers crossed...

Any advice for a first-timer, I'm ready to listen :)

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    jg...julie goloski

fine choice in firearm. It's the one i first recommended for my gf jenni...she's one after joppa's heart and instead has been jonesin for a ladysmith wheelgun. Welcome aboard. Always nice to have more females in the shooting community.

Bad Company

I am the Infantry!
    Oct 18, 2010
    Joppa, MD
    Welcome from Hazzard Co!

I must say that I have fired that weapon....not the pink edition, and it is a dream to shoot. Amazing accuracy straight out of the box! You're gonna love firing it!!

If you and your boyfriend are ever near Harford Co. and wanna go shootin look me up, as I was formally in the army ( 2002-2005) and would love to link up and put some ammo down range.

Also, if you haven't heard about it yet, there is an amazing range in Chantilly called Blue Ridge Arsenal that yall should check out.

rch184

Aug 30, 2010
    Ceciltucky, Md.
    Don't try to be a pro the first time to the range. SAFETY FIRST! Know and practice gun safety always. Know the range rules and practice them always. Shot at a good size target just to get use to what the gun will do when fired, one round at a time. When you feel comfortable firing the gun, try to tighten your group. If you have someone with gun knowledge take them with you! I recommend this for all new shooters!:gun3:

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Don't try to be a pro the first time to the range. SAFETY FIRST! Know and practice gun safety always. Know the range rules and practice them always. Shot at a good size target just to get use to what the gun will do when fired, one round at a time. When you feel comfortable firing the gun, try to tighten your group. If you have someone with gun knowledge take them with you! I recommend this for all new shooters!:gun3:

This. That if you doesn't have background or experience. Welcome and be safe.

Braddbdl

Fed up Libertarian
    Mar 30, 2010
    Oviedo, FL
    Welcome to the addiction! I shoot a M&P 9 in IDPA. Great gun, even better when you install the APEX trigger kit, pull is down to 2.5#. Enjoy!

Old Salty Dog

Ultimate Member
    Nov 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    Don't try to be a pro the first time to the range. SAFETY FIRST! Know and practice gun safety always. Know the range rules and practice them always. Shoot at a good size target just to get use to what the gun will do when fired, one round at a time. When you feel comfortable firing the gun, try to tighten your group. If you have someone with gun knowledge take them with you! I recommend this for all new shooters!:gun3:

Good advice! Welcome aboard!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom