• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigkaox

Jan 11, 2009
    Rosedale,MD
    Hello MD Shooters, I'm new at this but here it is. Last year on October 16th I was arrested on a few charges equaling 4 felony's, but on 1-28-10 I was acquitted of all charges. It was 3 counts Assaults and Hand use. The gun was not discharged and yes I was on my property. Anyway the police removed "Took" the some of my firearms. After my acquittal I tried to get my firearms back so I went to the Evidences Storage Unit on Joppa Rd. and there I found out that the arresting officer did not sign off on some kind of release. When I got home I called the police station Precinct 9 White Marsh to speak to the Supervisor of the arresting office and was given to the cop that took my firearms in the first place, So I asked Her why she hadn't released them and she replied that she wasn't until she ran some kind of background Check on me and it was going to take 3 months on more. And then she would make a decision whether or not they would be destroyed. My Need is that someone can tell me what law or order she is acting under and what I can do to stop her.

In advance Thank You R. Martin

PS Sorry about the grammar

Splitter

R.I.P.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    If everything you say is true, get a lawyer. Let the lawyer contact them to tell them he/she is on the case. You might get your firearms back, you might not, but you should get compensation for their value if they get "accidentally destroyed"....and it has happened.

Lawyer. Get one.

Splitter

Splitter

R.I.P.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    Yup, Lawyer up... These things usually dont end well without one.

And remember that you were acquitted on four felonies. You were a decent bust involving firearms and getting them "off the streets". The acquittal doesn't make you very popular in some of their eyes (probably).

You have no friends there. Lawyer lol.

Splitter

CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    Trying to get them released from the police usually turns out to be a head-exploding exercise in the run around. Don't waste your time- get a lawyer to file a writ of replevin against the head of the agency that seized them. I once had the state police tell me that since the 26 firearms they seized from my client were all regulated firearms they could only give him one back every 30 days..

Trapper

I'm a member too.
    Feb 19, 2009
    Western AA county
    Holy dead thread Batman!!!

batman-robin.jpg

ThatIsAFact

Mar 5, 2007
    seized firearms

Trying to get them released from the police usually turns out to be a head-exploding exercise in the run around. Don't waste your time- get a lawyer to file a writ of replevin against the head of the agency that seized them. I once had the state police tell me that since the 26 firearms they seized from my client were all regulated firearms they could only give him one back every 30 days..

So -- then what happened?

MauiWowie

I have the SIGness...
    Nov 23, 2008
    Harford Co.
    I know it's hard but how much is the value of the firearms you are trying to get back?
    Lawyers cost alot of money....
    If it's not much I'd try to just do it yourself and save the money you would have spent on a lawyer and buy new guns...

It sucks all around but at times it's best to cut your losses believe me I know....:sad20:

Papi4baby

WWJBD
    May 10, 2009
    California
    I know it's hard but how much is the value of the firearms you are trying to get back?
    Lawyers cost alot of money....
    If it's not much I'd try to just do it yourself and save the money you would have spent on a lawyer and buy new guns...

It sucks all around but at times it's best to cut your losses believe me I know....:sad20:

Can't you just sue the Police department and recover the fees?

Just wondering.

CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    So -- then what happened?

We pointed out to the Assistant AG that while that may be the MSP's position he was the one who was going to have to make that argument in front of the judge and convinced him that it would not be a pleasant experience. It helped that it was in one of the more rural gun-friendly counties. Client got them all back in one big happy lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom