• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    No, its just that there are so many "dissidents" among us that they haven't been able to build enough prisons and process all of us . . .

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Return it.

It's way too easy to get one legally to take chances.
    Isn't it illegal to ship "high capacity" magazines from anywhere in the state? Wouldn't you be breaking the law by shipping them back? It creates an interesting conundrum. If the shipping invoice lists them as lower cap magazines but they are actually standard cap mags, did you really receive them? If they unknowingly shipped them and you received them as a byproduct of their negligence and the paperwork errs in your favor, then by law can anyone prove where they were actually sourced or they were actually shipped to you? No.

My first move would be to do like AHokie said - box them back up and return them.

Odiferous Maximus

Feb 16, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    I'd be inclined to keep my mouth shut...but I've also read stories where authorities suspect someone of a crime, mail them something, and then raid their house. It has happened before, and I wouldn't put it past anyone.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Return them to dealer or turn them in to police.
    Turning them into the police is a terrible idea. That's like saying "hey, I committed a crime, here's some evidence for you". That is just going to get you and the person who gave it to you in a heap of trouble. You want to be paranoid about it, take that mag, disassemble it, and throw it in the garbage.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    If you are speeding down the road but you don't get pulled over and ticketed, you may have broken the law, but you won't get penalized. The burden of proof always (yeah, right!) rests on the prosecution.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Unless you intentionally bought assembled mags over 10rds, you probably have little risk of some BS sting by police with nothing better to do. By receiving them you have already broken the law, although if you have a receipt or invoice that you bought 10rd mags you probably don't have much to worry about, especially if it can't be proven you didn't buy them out of state. If police sent them to you, it's fairly blatant entrapment. Sending them back could be a case of knowingly transferring them, more serious IMO than unknowingly receiving them, being possession is legal, I'd probably keep them, keep my receipt, and if the retailer wants them back to cover their own azz, I'd tell them to pay for a limo and nice dinner out of state to lawfully send them back afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom