• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shift

Ultimate Member
    Apr 11, 2012
    Denton
    Haven't seen this version anywhere, see the bold section

It is no secret that our Second Amendment rights are presently under attack in Annapolis. The Governor is pushing anti-gun bills which will further restrict law-abiding citizens while accomplishing nothing toward making the public safer.

While I believe that gun control is the ability to hit where you're aiming, the Annapolis liberals define it as removing guns from law-abiding people. Even though their proposed bills may not call for it this year, their strategy in incremental -- a little now, a little more next year, and so on.

This is my 11th session as a member of the House of Delegates. Nothing I have seen over these years leads me to believe that the majority party will listen to us when we voice our opposition to anti-gun legislation. To date, I have received over 2700 -- that is, two thousand, seven hundred -- emails from concerned citizens across the state. You are one of them, and I thank you for starting to fight for our rights.

But, based on my experience, I believe that this is only the beginning of our struggles. I predict that some kind of anti-gun legislation will make it through the General Assembly this year, and of course the Governor will sign it. You must be prepared to take any bad legislation to court, where we will face multi-year litigation to fight for our rights.

I hope I do not sound cynical. I think this is a realistic appraisal of our situation in Maryland in 2013.

Another big point I have noticed is that, as far as we can check, a great number of you concerned with your gun rights are not registered to vote. No wonder we have the government we do, if you are not making your voice heard with your ballots. So if you are not registered to vote, please contact your county’s board of elections to obtain an application.

In case you haven't heard about these organizations, you can follow legislation with Associated Gun Clubs, www.AssociatedGunClubs.org and with Maryland Shall Issue, www.MarylandShallissue.org, as well as the NRA Institute for Legislative Action.

Again, thank you for being a concerned citizen. If it weren't for the encouragement of knowing people like you are out there, my job would be impossible.

Rick Impallaria

Delegate, District 7 (Baltimore & Harford Counties)

410-841-3289

Mobile

Dec 30, 2011
    Is there some database of gun owners that I'm not aware of that is being compared to voter rolls?:shocked4:

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    Perhaps people aren't putting their address in and that's why voter registration cannot be verified?

If thats not the case and most don't vote it would be truly shameful.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    So they actually check the names on the emails against a list of registered voters? Interesting. I bet more than a few of us may not be coming up then because we sign emails by first names other than our full legal name.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    He is getting his head straight, and so should you.

If we are to overcome the odds (which is do-able btw), it will be through hard work and perseverance!

Never give up, the line in the sand is drawn!

07g35xnick

Feb 28, 2012
    Mount airy md
    The man is right. If you don't vote, you are part of the problem. Vote or STFU!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

This! ^^ I have a coworker that is a collector on a huge lvl and complains daily about gun law/rights and Obama . I asked him if he voted and you could guess his answer was a big no! What an idiot

saln

Dec 28, 2008
    What was the number of registered voters who abstained last go round? Proof right there that people have no respect for the political system. I guess a few hundred thousand more votes from slacking gun owners would have made a BIG DAM difference. People like me who knew America then and now "see" it for what it isnt, will be voting through a different system.

Shift

Ultimate Member
    Apr 11, 2012
    Denton
    There are so many people that say "I'm just one person, my vote wont make a difference so why bother". Now if all those "one persons" actually voted they could make all the difference in the world.

Justin B.C.

Walken is a scary clown!!
    Dec 25, 2012
    I literally just got my Maryland ID card today (well, it will come in the mail somewhere in the next 7-30 days :rolleyes:), and registered Dem. Felt a little dirty, but I am now able to vote for or against the majority party here.

I have received several snail mail and a bunch of emails from the officials I have written. I am worried because a couple were outright Anti-2A, and all the rest but one pointedly did not say jack about where they stand on 2A issues. My gut has bad ju-ju feelings.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Almost all the responses I got from the entire GA and my local delegates have been pro 2A. The anti's didn't bother responding except a few auto responses.

Justin B.C.

Walken is a scary clown!!
    Dec 25, 2012
    I live in Montgomery County, so maybe that is why? I am still pretty new to the politics of the local areas here.

vector03

Frustrated Incorporated
    Jan 7, 2009
    Columbia
    What does the your Constitutionally protected Second Amendment right have to do with voting? Nobody needs to be a registered voter in order to complain about their Constitutionally protected rights being violated.

Get it straight folks. This isn't about gas or cigarette taxes. It's about fundamental freedom...nobody needs a damn card to complain about that being threatened.

[/rant]

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    I'm guessing that the "not registered" is more a case of John calling himself Jack, Michelle goes by Micki, etc. Or, folks like me who simply decline to give an actual street address.

As for contacts, the numbers count too. I think the rep's comment may have been a point of frustration, suggesting that if we cared so much about this, there should be no reason we have the representation problem we do.

I think he's on to the big-picture problem here. Apathy at the polls has put us behind a pretty big 8-ball, and we (collectively) have no one else to blame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom