• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    a nigh mil.... as PG folks call it.

Just came back from MSAR . shot over 300 rounds of NIGH MIL. One mag...expended sideways. Hit the backstop...i think..maybe

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    Be careful if you pick up 9mm luger brass to reload. Those crazy 9x18 makarov shooters often take 9x19 brass and cut it down to 9x18.

I hope Santa brings me a power case trimmer.

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    .38 Super is .38 ACP loaded hot. When it was new it was the most powerful production handgun cartridge. They are dimensionally identical, but a Super will destroy an ACP gun.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    With the extractor properly set up , a 9x23 gun will handle .38Super , and all is well. *some* .38Super guns will chamber a 9x23 , and the pressure is 15K higher.

And then a corespondent who is a legal gunowner in Mexico has shared with me the things they do with .380 cases and specially setup 1911s , but I won't post about it on an open forum. ( The latest round of Mx gun control now prohibits .38Super from civiallians ).

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Better , but still :

.38-40 (actually a .40)
    .40 Super
    .401 PowerMag
    .40 G&A
    .400 CorBon

Probably at least a half dozen wildcat flavors of strieght wall rimless ctg falling somewhere inbetween current .40S&W and 10mm in both dimentions and performance.

Now in rifles ! There are dozens of .40s both strieght and bottleneck origionally used by Sharps , Ballard , Maynard , and Winchester used in levels , singles , or both.
    The most popular in current times is the 40-65. Originated by Winchester , period use in both lever and singles. Modern use mainly in BPCR competion , with fast twist bbls using bullets much heavier than in 19th Cen usage.

sundaz

Sep 15, 2011
    And here I thought you were going to give the OP a hard time for wanting a 1911 in 9mm...

But seriously - why a 1911 in the 9mm caliber? Why not the orginal 45ACP ?

Im not knocking the 9mm round - but the advantage of those is high capacity since its a small round. Your not going to get it with a 1911 platform
    Deep Creek-Already bought a SW ESeries .45 in the spring. Want the 9mm due to lower cost of ammo.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    As a general rule the 1911 is not friendly to rounds that aren't designed for it, (those rounds I mentioned above). It is possible the Springer is reworked to accommodate 9mm. If I misspoke someone will come along and correct me.

Good luck.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Be careful if you pick up 9mm luger brass to reload. Those crazy 9x18 makarov shooters often take 9x19 brass and cut it down to 9x18.

I hope Santa brings me a power case trimmer.

Yeah..thats why when I sort brass.. I stand them up on the table. Compare the height visually. Anything strange, goes to trash.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    As a general rule the 1911 is not friendly to rounds that aren't designed for it, (those rounds I mentioned above). It is possible the Springer is reworked to accommodate 9mm. If I misspoke someone will come along and correct me.

Good luck.

can't speak for single stack 1911, but 9mm (minor and major) is probably the #1 round in the 2011's, certainly for USPSA in the Open division.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom