Votes: 153 46.8%
    • H&K USP

Votes: 39 11.9%

• Total voters

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    USP (meaning P2000 or P30 as well) or the 226. If you like the ability to both carry cocked-and-locked or hammer dropped to decock position with safety on or off, or if you want something that you can change the trigger out yourself, then the USP hands down.

If it's a defensive gun, I would check out the LEM or Match Trigger on H&Ks, and the DAK or SRT on the Sig, as they are made primarily as defensive triggers. I would also say check out the Heinie Straight Eight tritium night sights, as I think they are one of the or the best sight system for users looking primarily for fast target sighting/speed/recover/point shooting with a single sight/etc.

I like the USP/P2000/P30 and the 226/229 so much that I would buy a used one of them before a new gun from another maker. Cabella's gun library gets a crap ton of Sig trade-ins and many are almost new (and presumably never carried).

WheelHead

Head of the wheel
    Dec 6, 2011
    Snow Hill
    Took it out and ran 300 rounds through it and I'm in love!
    226_zps952a09c3.jpg

WheelHead

Head of the wheel
    Dec 6, 2011
    Snow Hill
    I own a 226 and G17. I wanted to like the Sig more since it cost me almost 1k but I flat out shoot my G17 better.

Hey to each his own. I had the chance to shoot a Glock 17 before ordering my Sig and it was just not for me. Something about the trigger that I just couldn't like. After speaking with a few of the cops that work in our armory at work I was convinced that the Sig was for me. I not going to go into what the law enforcement guys said since I don't want to get into a debate with all the Glock Fans but all I know is I'm very happy with my Sig. Its fit finish are excellent and its very easy to clean. Accuracy is dead on and it's what I would expect from a $1k pistol.

Mega

Wolverine
    Feb 18, 2009
    Lewes, DE
    I took a one day 'pistol and carbine' class last year where I'd intended to use my M&P9 as my sidearm.
    Unfortunately, the retention holster I ordered for class was on backorder, so I substituted my P226 NAVY instead.

After going through the class, and putting almost 900 rounds downrange with the Sig, I can confidently say I now prefer the Sig as a combat pistol.
    Don't get me wrong, I still like the M&P9... but I became really comfortable with the Sig after taking that class. :thumbsup:

WheelHead

Head of the wheel
    Dec 6, 2011
    Snow Hill
    I voted glock 17....but there is only one 9mm pistol and that is

The Browning High Power

I have a HP and it's the pistol that I am most proficient with. Its also gets the most range time and feels the most comfortable in my hand. I feel that over time this Sig could be there with my HP but not yet....

WheelHead

Head of the wheel
    Dec 6, 2011
    Snow Hill
    Here is one for Browning guy. 8500 approx rounds and still shoots like the day it was new. If I was going into battle with a pistol its the one that would go with me.
    BHP_zpsb06eb14c.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom