• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wgttgw

Apr 10, 2011
    Cambridge
    This is an email I got in response to an email I sent the MSP. I am posting it as the dates may help others know when they might get their "not denied. And also to ask what constitutes a secondary review?

Good Evening,

We are currently experiencing about a 14-16 week backlog. As of today we are processing applications dated 05/08/2013. We received your paperwork on 05/02/2013. Your application was processed on 8/15/2013 and placed on a Secondary Review. The applications that require a Secondary Review that we are currently processing are dated 4/24/2013 and 4/25/2013. Thank You.

This is the email I sent back to them.

Thank you for you quick response. May I ask what would require a second review. I had a similar item which "not denied" paper work came back just a few months prior to this purchase, in February 2013. I am a honorably discharged veteran. And have an absolutely clean criminal background with not so much as even a criminal charge ever filed against me in my life. In fact other than one speeding ticket I will have absolutely nothing on my record at all.

mward

Ultimate Member
    Dec 4, 2009
    Annapolis
    With on time release you don't have to worry about the paperwork. Go to a shop that does <10 day release.

wgttgw

Apr 10, 2011
    Cambridge
    Gets worst in my opinion with their response (which I just got back from MSP)It is like the MSP would have me believe some one is being charged with a crime and used my information between my last not denied and the current transfer. And to top that off no one has discovered they gave false info and cleared my name

Hello,

It doesn't necessarily have to be you. It could be someone with the same birthday, name or someone was charged with a crime and gave an incorrect SSN that happens to be your SSN for an example. We would have to do further investigation to make sure that it in fact is actually not you before we can approve your paperwork.

wgttgw

Apr 10, 2011
    Cambridge
    The current transferring FFL does offer 8th day release, but he told me my paper work was filed before the law suit which clarified 8th day release. Thus he can't release it. Seems ridiculous to me but he told me I can buy another lower and he would could release it after the 8th day. He did not know about this secondary review when he told me that so I don't know if that changes things or not.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    ATTENTION: Shameless Plug Alert.

Go to FreeState Gun Shop and Range.

They have "<10" day release.

This concludes my Shameless Plug Alert.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    As much as it pains me to defend them , that's not a "Maryland Thing" .
    A friend in NC aperently is either one letter , or one digit off from a serious Malfactor down there. He would always get delayed on any purchase. Luckily for him , the NC Carry Permit eliminate the NICS check for him now.

wgttgw

Apr 10, 2011
    Cambridge
    As much as it pains me to defend them , that's not a "Maryland Thing" .
    A friend in NC aperently is either one letter , or one digit off from a serious Malfactor down there. He would always get delayed on any purchase. Luckily for him , the NC Carry Permit eliminate the NICS check for him now.

I am not denying that it is possible. It does seem strange that during the period of time between my previous “Not Denied” and the current “Secondary Review” I have bought a couple non regulated firearms. These were done with the NICS checks with instant approval. I have been buying guns for 20+ years with instant approval Federal background checks.

The sphinx

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2013
    Delaware
    They moved 5 days worth of apps in a week according to the latest update. Assuming this pace continues (which it won't and will get worse) I'm looking at nd mid October which would put me at 130-140 days

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom