• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    This might be a good deal on a Police Magnum. That’s an older Laser Products Corp forend, which is prior to SureFire buying them. Only 3 hours left

IMG_8755.png

Last edited:

Redbean

Redbean
    Jan 14, 2017
    Beltsville, Maryland
    Okay, I had previously posted that I called Remington to get my born on date, but I forgot a digit off the serial number. I'm an idiot. So, I will call Remington back tomorrow with the correct serial number. Here's the contact info:

Remington: 844-736-2767

Email: info@remarms.com

Okay I just got word back from Remington from an email I sent them yesterday:

"The shotgun is a 1963 model and the barrel code indicates that it is also a 1963. Best regards from RemArms."

Now we know for sure. I'm really digging my not-so-new Wingmaster.

Last edited:

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    I keep seeing this thread pop up and hope it's more guns in stock

These ones from Kings for $220 are still In Stock (I’d have one on the way except I went all in on 5 cases of 9mm for $245@ ($1,225. total) delivered. Due to arrive Thursday!):

Used Police Department trade in Remington 870 Wingmaster 12 GA shotguns in fair condition. Guns are used and will show mild to heavy wear and scratches from use. Guns feature an 18" 2 3/4" chambered bead sighted barrel. All guns will have tape residue on them.

If these are still in stock later I am sure to grab at least one - I’ve already confirmed the tape residue comes off with any one of wd40, mineral spirits, acetone, denatured alcohol, etc)

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I just updated my above post to show the response back from RemArms. Alphabrew was right about the date of manufacture being 1963. Thanks.

That’s awesome because that also confirms that the date code is the first two digits when there are three digits (although some of the pre-1955 guns had two digit year codes which would make three total digits with the month)

Grampa G

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2010
    Washington Co.
    My first shotgun ever purchased was a gloss-finish 870 Wingmaster. It was bought new in a little hole-in-the-wall gunshop called Bakers Guns in Hagerstown. A police mag 870 is the only type I don't have.

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    These ones from Kings for $220 are still In Stock (I’d have one on the way except I went all in on 5 cases of 9mm for $245@ ($1,225. total) delivered. Due to arrive Thursday!):

Used Police Department trade in Remington 870 Wingmaster 12 GA shotguns in fair condition. Guns are used and will show mild to heavy wear and scratches from use. Guns feature an 18" 2 3/4" chambered bead sighted barrel. All guns will have tape residue on them.

If these are still in stock later I am sure to grab at least one - I’ve already confirmed the tape residue comes off with any one of wd40, mineral spirits, acetone, denatured alcohol, etc)
    I’ve been trying to say away from buying another shotgun and you just had to post this deal! Man, you’re making it hard on me, not to buy another. That’s almost too good to pass up. Thanks for the link.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Apr 10, 2021
    Looks like the 870 Magnums just dropped to $250. I know these aren't going to be as slick as a Wingmaster, but any reason not to jump at this price?

Update: Now showing no longer available; I did manage to get an order in, guess we'll see if it's filled.

Last edited:

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Looks like the 870 Magnums just dropped to $250. I know these aren't going to be as slick as a Wingmaster, but any reason not to jump at this price?

Update: Now showing no longer available; I did manage to get an order in, guess we'll see if it's filled.

That’s wasn’t a batch, it was just one gun. I guess you got it, great deal!

Apr 10, 2021
    That’s wasn’t a batch, it was just one gun. I guess you got it, great deal!
    Oh - I really thought it was one out of a lot and the note about the rear sight was just about the one they happened to have photographed. I'll be requesting a refund if anyone wants to keep an eye on it. I'm sure it's still well worth that price - just being particular.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom