• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jkray

Jul 13, 2011
    Germantown
    i know it is perfectly ok for me to get an 80% and finish it myself. however my question is what happens if i make the lower in another state? For example my friend in VA has the equipment i would need to make the lower. I do not want to break any laws and my google fu is not at its best right now.

KimuraFTW

Jul 20, 2012
    Clinton, MD
    i know it is perfectly ok for me to get an 80% and finish it myself. however my question is what happens if i make the lower in another state? For example my friend in VA has the equipment i would need to make the lower. I do not want to break any laws and my google fu is not at its best right now.

Good question. Also, if it IS ok, you know what they say, the more the merrier. :innocent0

Jason21237

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2011
    Delta,PA
    If you dont already own an 80% lower I dont think you will have to worry about it. They are all sold out everywhere and have been just about since the election. I dont think it would be an issue unless your buddy is the one that does the work. If you do the machining it should be fine. Do not take what Im saying as gosphel. The rules are about as clear as mud. One of our more informed members will be by shortly to correct me if Im wrong.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    So long as you do ALL of the work, you can use anyone's machine shop. I finished my 1st 80% lower using my father's equipment in Ohio. so long as it is legal to possess in both states, you are GTG.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    So long as you do ALL of the work, you can use anyone's machine shop. I finished my 1st 80% lower using my father's equipment in Ohio. so long as it is legal to possess in both states, you are GTG.

This, and you can make as many as you want, BUT you can't sell them without a serial number and you HAVE to machine them. With that if you make a bunch and sell them after putting on serial numbers, you're manufacturing. That requires a special license.

jkray

Jul 13, 2011
    Germantown
    yeah no i was not planning on making more than 1 or 2 and they would be for me. As for the 80% if i cant find one i may just buy a block of aluminum and mill it right out of that. but either way I will be the one doing it just with his equipment

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    yeah no i was not planning on making more than 1 or 2 and they would be for me. As for the 80% if i cant find one i may just buy a block of aluminum and mill it right out of that. but either way I will be the one doing it just with his equipment

For more information and pointers on completing you 80% please report to www. weaponsguild.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom