• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I know ASC are supposed to be good
    Big Dog has C Products in stock. I'm Jonsing to test my new to me Upper.

Do C Products suck ? Are 10rd inherently less problematic than 20 or 30rd ?

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    My Cproducts defense mags, although 10 round mags, ran fine. My 30rd ASC was pinned to 9rds, and has some hiccups feeding rounds occasionally. Not sure if it is the mag itself, or the pin pinching the mag walls.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    And today I picked up C Products 10rd and 30rd, haven't tested yet. ( Yes, at least one shorty magazine is handy for shooting from bench, etc.)

DJones2987

Dec 6, 2016
    Hagerstown
    I have a handful of 10 round and a couple 28 round CPD mags for my 6.8. From what I understand the 7.62 mags are supposed to be great as well.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    I have ASC Mags and C mags and had some issues, This Video pretty much mirrored my issues, though I haven't been home yet to address the issue from the last time but it make sense.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    All of the mags that I have are ASC, 20s & 30s, and I have had no issues yet running 7.62 x 39 in an Anderson build.
    I have heard that Cproducts are better, but haven't found any for a decent price yet.
    I really like the 7.62 x 39 in the AR platform, seems to have a bit more thump at shorter ranges that 5.56 x 45.
    I was thinking about getting the PSA KS47 platform, so I could use AK47 mags, but I don't see a reason to change now.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    All of the mags that I have are ASC, 20s & 30s, and I have had no issues yet running 7.62 x 39 in an Anderson build.
    I have heard that Cproducts are better, but haven't found any for a decent price yet.
    I really like the 7.62 x 39 in the AR platform, seems to have a bit more thump at shorter ranges that 5.56 x 45.
    I was thinking about getting the PSA KS47 platform, so I could use AK47 mags, but I don't see a reason to change now.

I have an Anderson upper an Lower w/SS Barrel as well and this next time around I plan to shoot a more serious quantity of ammunition...so I can get the BUGS out...

And I agree the 762x39 in AR is a nice platform and thumper...as well as the PTR 32 (I have also) which runs without a hitch...

though if I could have bought a AK in MD it would have been a MOLOT/VEPR make or the CMMG AK47...but I got the AR before the CMMG came out...

I really like the 762x39 Caliber...

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    My motivations are somewhat reverse. One of starting points is to have a 16in "travel" upper to avoid Form 20's . Another is for an Upper legal for Bambi in Va . .300Whisper, 6.5G, 6.8, and 6x45 were possibilities also. But 7.62 x39 certianly within the relevant power levels, cheap ammo readily available, and shooting/ hunting partner #2 is set up, and experienced in loading x39 for his Mini-30 .

If I were starting from clean paper, to create a DI x39 on purpose, one of the lowers that use AK mags would be the best. I figgured this will be acceptable tradeoffs with std AR lower. I'll find out shortly.

jasonk1229

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2013
    MD
    Rushing products to market 101 just a small amount of testing would have exposed such a simple flaw. Blah

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom