• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    Hey all,

I'm hoping someone who shoots a Five-seveN or AR57 could help me out with something. I've wanted one for awhile now, and back when I first started looking, I remember the ammo prices as being somewhere in the 45 range, if not a bit more. Now though, it's absolutely nuts. My question is this, what's the normal price before all this craziness stared. I finally got my AR57 and immediately began regretting my purchase once I saw what the ammo is currently going for.

so, am I screwed or are these prices just part of the current insanity.

-Dave

snavematt

say what?
    May 19, 2009
    Stafford, VA as of 5/7/13
    5.7 has always been expensive and hard to find. When I got mine it was $21 a box of 50, and that was by the 2k case. Then it jumped to $27 per 50 and higher. There are only two companies that make it, FNH and Remington. Hold off till spring at the earliest

Jstevens56

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2012
    Somewhere in Merryland
    I was paying around $25 for a box when I could find it in stock. Even back early last year most places sold it for $.50-.75 a round. I haven't shot mine for a while since prices are so high, I just can't see shooting a pistol and seeing a dollar float away everytime I pull the trigger. Other than that I do like mine.

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    Gotcha. I know it's a little hard to get, but art the time I was always able to find it online.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Forum Runner

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    unless I absolutely love it tomorrow at the range, I may just turn around and sell it again. I really should have just spent 2/3 of the money on an AK from Scott's (assuming they still have any).

SVrider

Nov 22, 2008
    St.Louis
    If you do plan on selling PM me :D

Also you just missed a huge run of cabelas ammo for SS197 although they were lead free primers. There are a few places taking back orders for the 20.99-25.99 range. The cabelas run was at 24.99 a box. Not bad, considering, but all sold out now.
    You can currently back order American Eagle TMJ ammo for 20.99 a box and they claim shipping in 2-3 weeks.

But, IMO you are not screwed, just be patient.

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    $1700. magpul furniture w/ 200 rnds of ammo. lightly used (didn't realize at the time). for a new gun in the current market the price was right. I'm just glad the retailer (gunbroker auction) was willing to ship the mag separately to PA.

Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    Love the 5.7, but like most I hate the ammo game. As stated I haven't seen it readily available in at least 6 months, but it is a pleasure to shoot. If you do end up selling I'd be very interested, but I bet you'll love it. If you find ammo for it please shoot me a pm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom