• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    I wonder who exactly he is talking about in this statement.

“I say over and over and over, it’s really these maniacs with guns,” said Police Commissioner Fred Bealefeld".

I tried to find his e-mail address so I could write and ask him for comments, but it's not listed on the Baltimore.gov site and not on the Baltimore police web site.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008

“I say over and over and over, it’s really these maniacs with guns,” said Police Commissioner Fred Bealefeld".

I tried to find his e-mail address so I could write and ask him for comments, but it's not listed on the Baltimore.gov site and not on the Baltimore police web site.

it's funny he concentrated on the gun when the shooting victim was mildly harmed whereas the stabbing suspect died. Why isn't it "these maniacs with knives"...or better yet...."these maniacs" regardless of the tools they use to commit a crime.

Hol3shot

Sweet...
    Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena MD
    The sad thing is they are touting this as a "shooting" and not what it actually probably was, which was a falling bullet from some idiot shooting in the air. Not that it is better, but it doesn't sound like a typical downtown shooting and should be portrayed as such, not like someone was downtown and shot a 4yr old in the leg.
    The media...always trying to sensationalize stuff so they can get their agenda across...

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    The sad thing is they are touting this as a "shooting" and not what it actually probably was, which was a falling bullet from some idiot shooting in the air. Not that it is better, but it doesn't sound like a typical downtown shooting and should be portrayed as such, not like someone was downtown and shot a 4yr old in the leg.
    The media...always trying to sensationalize stuff so they can get their agenda across...

that and the big story is the shooting, not the 26 yr old kid that lost his life from the broken bottle to the neck.

ricuser

Nov 7, 2010
    Anne Arundel County
    The current mayor is Stephanie Rawlings-Blake. Politically similar to the former mayor Sheila Dixon, but otherwise a different person.

I'm sorry for the kid - a stray bullet at a fireworks display isn't what a 4-year old needs to remember.

mdalbke

Jul 4, 2011

its a shame that gun had to stab a guy in the neck

oh wait what, guns don't stab people??? well just blame them anyway.

mdalbke

Jul 4, 2011
    First hand account as posted on the Baltimore subreddit of Reddit.com
    Yeah. I was at McCormick and Shmick.

My girlfriend and I were sitting on the pier next to the guy who got stabbed. Basically, a scrawny guy ran over and said "That n****r just slapped me in the face", at which point four big white dudes got up and ran into the crowd. Five seconds later I look back and they had slit one of the white guys throat. He was bleeding everywhere and collapsed next to us. The cops were called and we got the hell out of there because it was a messed up scene. There were kids and families around man. It was brutal. But yeah, the part that wont be in the news is that there was a definite racial element to the altercation.

Also OP, it sounds like we had the same walk back to Mt Vernon. Total chaos until we got above about Lexington. After what we had just seen, however, we were totally numb to it.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Considering the city held the African American Festival at M&T Stadium parking lots this weekend and some participating groups were calling for a "Chocolate 4th of July"; I'm not surprised that there were not a lot more racial incidents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom