• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    That could get interesting I'd think.

(IIRC) The old suppressors used a very coarse thread pitch that hasn't been used in some time.

*Please don't modify a C$R 1911, that's just not right. ;)

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    There's the rub though, unless you find one pre-threaded, your basically making it non-C&R by having it threaded.

KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    And it will make baby cats die.

But if you do Bubba a C$R 1911, just make sure it's a Singer or a Union Switch and Signal.

They're a dime a dozen and not worth very much. :rolleyes:

Yeah, 1911 sounds expensive... and I am not sure I would want to bubba a 1911. I was more thinking some something like a star or CZ like gun that happened to be 45acp and have a threaded barrel. :innocent0

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Sistema Colt. Many were imported beat to crap with no finish left, so the importer refinished them with manganese park. They have zero collector value in such a condition, but are great shooters. Fit an aftermarket threaded barrel to it and you're good to go. This is the one C&R 1911 you can bubba and not feel bad about.

Mine is one of these RSA Enterprises imports. It came with an ugly set of aftermarket wood grips, so I put a set of Colt WWII grips on it to make it look like a USGI 1911. If you watch Gunbroker, you can get one for $400-450 shipped easily. Mine is a good shooter and is very accurate with Titewad powder and a cast bullet.

P1010002_zpse24e1ab1.jpg

KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    Sistema Colt. Many were imported beat to crap with no finish left, so the importer refinished them with manganese park. They have zero collector value in such a condition, but are great shooters. Fit an aftermarket threaded barrel to it and you're good to go. This is the one C&R 1911 you can bubba and not feel bad about.

Mine is one of these RSA Enterprises imports. It came with an ugly set of aftermarket wood grips, so I put a set of Colt WWII grips on it to make it look like a USGI 1911. If you watch Gunbroker, you can get one for $400-450 shipped easily. Mine is a good shooter and is very accurate with Titewad powder and a cast bullet.

P1010002_zpse24e1ab1.jpg

Ok, So then do you know where one would get a aftermarket threaded barrel for one of these? Also what should I be looking for in GB, Sistema Colt?

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Ok, So then do you know where one would get a aftermarket threaded barrel for one of these? Also what should I be looking for in GB, Sistema Colt?

For a modern threaded barrel, Midway or Brownells should have what you need. You can get a drop in barrel which will require little to no fitting. As I understand it (could be wrong), GI 1911's didn't headspace like modern 1911's do off the hood. GI 1911's had a gap between the breech face and the barrel hood when in battery. They simply pushed the cartridge into the chamber until the case mouth touched the chamber shoulder.

Look for any variations on "Argentine Sistema Colt 1911." Mine did not have "Argentine" in the title, and was keyword spammed with like "Not RIA, Kimber, Wilson Combat," so it probably helped it go cheap. Reverendbeer was actually about to hit the BIN price of $450, but I called the guy and haggled him to $410 shipped.

KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    For a modern threaded barrel, Midway or Brownells should have what you need. You can get a drop in barrel which will require little to no fitting. As I understand it (could be wrong), GI 1911's didn't headspace like modern 1911's do off the hood. GI 1911's had a gap between the breech face and the barrel hood when in battery. They simply pushed the cartridge into the chamber until the case mouth touched the chamber shoulder.

Look for any variations on "Argentine Sistema Colt 1911." Mine did not have "Argentine" in the title, and was keyword spammed with like "Not RIA, Kimber, Wilson Combat," so it probably helped it go cheap. Reverendbeer was actually about to hit the BIN price of $450, but I called the guy and haggled him to $410 shipped.

looks like i am going to get to sit and watch GB for a while lol

KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    Thank you for the tip BTW. I have always wanted a 1911. But the old ones are SOO expensive. Even if I don't get a threaded barrel for it, I think I am going to try to get one of these just to have one

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    looks like i am going to get to sit and watch GB for a while lol

Mine was an impulse purchase that I found when randomly searching, haha.

If all else fails, you can get one off Sarco. I believe their cheapest Sistemas are $450 and shipping is like $15. They won't send any handguns to MD, but they'll let you order one to another state. You could order one to a VA/PA FFL and either pick it up there or have them USPS it to you. I've heard mixed reviews about the ones at Sarco. Some people receive nice ones while other people receive nonmatching ones that have been heavily buffed and blasted. Stu929 got a decent no finish one from Sarco that he rust blued himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom