• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ender

Jan 9, 2011
    Anyone try running one of these setups? The idea always seemed ok to me but a lot of the examples I've seen look like they stick out and have a lot of potential to snag stuff or are pretty expensive. I am finishing up my first AR build and I had an extra set of magpul mbus laying around, I was thinking of just getting two 45 degree offset rail mounts for like $20 and throwing the mbus on with my leatherwood CMR. I figure worst case, if I don't like it I only wasted $20 for some offset rail mounts. Has anyone tried something similar?

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    Halfway to Home Boy Sights! I've seen them and thought they were a joke. How do RSOs handle that since I've seen them kick people off the range for shooting "gangsta" sideways?

Matt

Attachments

• homeboy_night_sights.jpg
      homeboy_night_sights.jpg
      60.4 KB · Views: 657

Ender

Jan 9, 2011
    I ordered a set of offset mounts from Amazon so I'll post a pic when I get it set up, could be a while since I ordered the complete upper for the rifle from Bravo Company today.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    The good offset sights are the ones designed and sold by Barry Dueck who is also a top 3-gun shooter ($200). But there are cheap copies that can run as low as $56 that may work fine if they don't fall apart. If your scope is not easy to use at 1x inside 100 yards, and you are shooting Tactical Optics division in 3-gun a good set of offset iron sights are a must. An offset red dot is only allowed in Open division

Ender

Jan 9, 2011
    Just finished my first build, only thing left is borrow a small allen wrench so I can install the trigger guard. So far I really like how the offset irons sit, folded down they really don't stick out very much and its an easy transition if I have optics issues.

Ender

Jan 9, 2011
    It would probably be a little less busy around my charging handle if I moved the rear sight up but I don't like the short sight radius and sight picture when I move it in front of my scope. I'll probably try both out when I get some range time in and see what I like better.

VRC Racing

MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2009
    Ijamsville
    45 deg iron sites

I have them on my 3 gun rifle and really like them.

-Russ

Attachments

• DSC_2272.jpg
      DSC_2272.jpg
      37.1 KB · Views: 458
    • DSC_2273.jpg
      DSC_2273.jpg
      32.4 KB · Views: 496

Ender

Jan 9, 2011
    Mine wasn't planned for 3 gun, my Burris pepr mount isn't quick detach so I would need a screwdriver or have to mess with the screws to pull it off if anything went wrong with my optics. My plan was to rotate the gun in my shoulder slightly so as long as they are zeroed properly there shouldn't be any issues with POA and POI if I need them. Just from messing around it doesn't seem too awkward to shoot like that for a short while but i'll have to see at the range.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    I have them on my pimptacticular 30-06 and pimptastic 10-22. They are great with the 10-40x scopes on tops. I can also cowitness an offset red dot. I zero mine at 50yds. I keep them in line with the bore axis so no range deviation occurs.

Ender

Jan 9, 2011
    I bought mine on Amazon, I didn't feel the need to spend that much on them since they are just like 2 inch pieces of aluminum with a screw and nut. Magpul mbus aren't that great in the first place so I'm probably going to plan on a 50 yard zero.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom