• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Yeah, used S&W M&P or Model 10. They're common and reliable. You may be able to find a used Ruger for around that price as well.

Marauder

Revolver Addict
    Dec 14, 2010
    A S&W model 10 is a very common .38 special, they made a ton of them. Shouldn't be hard to find used.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I believe Hatfield's Gunsmithing in Manassas, VA, still has quite a few Model 10s for $250. They are trade-ins from an armed security company, lots of holster wear, not much shooting. They should be able to transfer a good one to you if you call them.

FTJoe

Aug 27, 2012
    SOMD
    I think buds guns a couple of weeks ago had a few police trade-ins for under $300 cash price which included shipping.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    And don't write off the possibility of finding a .357 for that money. Double action usually takes the price beyond $300....but I have seen some. Just a few months back, I saw a Smith Model 19 4" barrel for $325 asking price. Might have got it for $300 if an offer was made. That gun had a fair bit of bluing wear (mostly from a holster, I think) but looked otherwise clean with no obvious pitting I could see. I nearly jumped on it myself since I transferred my old Smith 19 4" to my daughter last fall (pre-Oct 1st).

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    I am looking for a double action 38 for under $300. Its going to be a secondary hd gun.

I have a new Taurus 85 all-steel and blued .38 for sale. I purchased it new a few months ago and put about 50 rounds through it. I had it listed here but went on vacation for the month of October. If you are interested, let me know. I'll be back in MD on the 29th.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    If your in OC like your location says, call the shops near you. Littletons an Shooters Supply had some used 38/357's in your price range. Or go to Larry's in West OC an get raped.

gjohnsonoc

Feb 18, 2013
    OCMD
    I am in oc and I have heard nothing but good things about your shop in Bishopville. I was not sure if I already own a handgun if I still need to take the HQL class. I walked into Larry's looked at the prices and laughed needless to say the door didn't hit me where.......you know the rest. what's your hours?

jasonk1229

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2013
    MD
    Arthur's shooters supply it's a shop behind his house super nice guy he does alot of his advertising on Facebook. This is mom and pops gunstore. I highly recommend going he can order what he doesn't have that you want. He just traded his m1010 ambulance for a m903a3 duece and half you can't miss it.

Larrys has alot of super high end firearms and does charge a bit extra. He does have a better selection.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Dan Wessons are regularly available around $300 or so, used but good guns and if you score extra barrels they can be reconfigured easily.

alzoom85

Feb 27, 2013
    Winks in Princess Anne is friendly and reasonable priced as well. A lil bit of a hike from OC, but a nice ride through the forest this time of year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom