• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Joe Bob Outfitters, who is an IP here, will also make mags into kits.

And I don't think they charge.

frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    What if you have something blatently against the rules, like if I were to go to PA and buy a 200 round drum magazine for an AR-15 and bring it back to maryland? I feel like something like that could potentially cause a huge problem if the msp want to hassle you.

The law states only to purchase/transfer/take possession WITHIN the state of MD. Not possess. So buy away outside of MD and bring them home.

Example.

I bought an AR from a FFL in Delaware 2 months ago. The FFL handed me the 30 round P-Mag and said "Take this with you as you can't take possession of this in MD" before boxing up the AR and shipping it to my FFL in MD.

I would say that those that do have AR's on this board have ventured out of state and bought mags that hold more than 20 rounds and brought them home. Some of those people here are even LEO's.

I know this has been covered a thousand times but I wanted to print out the AG's clarification on this which basically stated what everyone has been saying. Anyone have a link to the PDF? I've been searching for a while and no joy.

I thought it would be a good idea to have it in my range bag along with some of my out of state receipts.

Thanks in advance,

Pete

pitpawten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    I know this has been covered a thousand times but I wanted to print out the AG's clarification on this which basically stated what everyone has been saying. Anyone have a link to the PDF? I've been searching for a while and no joy.

Yeah, this would be great to have in the bag.

Good to keep in mind that while we've all rehashed this ad-nauseum, there are going to be LEO who won't have done their homework. Varying reasons, but like with any job, some are more dedicated than others to staying on top of things.

Being able to produce printed law and even a written interpretation from the AG can potentially help to diffuse a situation before you get to the "we'll let the judge decide about that" point.

pitpawten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    It'll be no different than it is today.

Though this may be true, that is NO guarantee that MSP (or other LEO) will know what that means.

Example (as if on cue from my earlier post): During the transfer of a regulated gun at MSP barracks yesterday, I asked this specific question of the trooper on duty: "What will be the status of possession of 20rd mags in MD after 10/1". I even clarified "can someone drive to PA to purchase and bring back after 10/1?".

He had NO idea, and didn't seem to get the difference between purchase/possession etc. His first response was actually "What is the limit going down to after oct?" He was sincerely asking as he had no idea.

His only other responses were "Well, 20's are ok to get today" and "I've got some 30's right now myself".

All this to say, you had better be prepared to make your case at the range/roadside etc WITH documentation.

Dont depend on the existence of the law to mean that any given LEO will know it.

RIGGS

Apr 20, 2013
    Baldwin
    Sure if you don't mind waiting a couple of months for your dam Order. I had a Order placed back in June 6th 2013, still hasn't freaking shipped yet. I email them more then several times of my Order. The lasted excuse is my Order got lost in the Warehouse never shipped. Well duh....email them back to see if I am going to get another USPS tracking confirmation....I haven't heard back from them yet. I am about to cancel the darn Order.

I ordered last Saturday. 6- 30 round mags "parts kit" and it was on my door step wed.

Rickman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2012
    Port Deposit, MD
    I did NOT buy 6 30 rnd PMags today and I did NOT pre-load them with 5.56 green tips either. And if I did then they fell out of my boat somewhere near the I95 bridge on the Susky?.... or was it the US 50 bridge? I get navigational landmarks so confused all the time. Could lost them anywhere I guess.

TerpNewb

Aug 29, 2013
    What about buying over the internet (while you are in another state) and having them shipped to a MD address? I'm guessing that would still constitute as taking posession of, even though they were not purchased in MD

335xi

Jan 25, 2013
    What if you have something blatently against the rules, like if I were to go to PA and buy a 200 round drum magazine for an AR-15 and bring it back to maryland? I feel like something like that could potentially cause a huge problem if the msp want to hassle you.

I just couple drums in AZ and brought them back to MD in my checked luggage. No problems at all. Oh yea, also brought back 10 30rnd pmags.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Joe Bob Outfitters, who is an IP here, will also make mags into kits.

And I don't think they charge.

No charge. When you are checking out and that little box pops up saying something like, "Leave the seller a message" just type in parts kit.
    Co-worker got 3 or the 40 round P Mag 'parts kits.

It took him about 7 seconds to make up each one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom