30 Round AR Mags Available from The Mako Group!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Okiegunner

Jan 8, 2013
    From what I have read and can ascertain, CAA are suppliers for the IDF.

Most generally high quality products at a no BS price.

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    I dunno. I was literally about to place an order but searched just one more time for feedback. Some people seem to be having issues, primarily with extremely snug fitting mags. Trouble seating and releasing their mags. Here:

http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/196048-e-lander-30-round-steel-ar-mags-19-a.html

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=120043

I mean, it's just chatter on other forums but it was enough to make me pass.

Shame, the OP in that first link lists two codes (discount and free shipping) that worked in the shopping cart...

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    From what I have read and can ascertain, CAA are suppliers for the IDF.
    CAA/EMA is not Mako. They are two totally different companies that hate each other. :)

Most generally high quality products at a no BS price.
    FAB Defense is the company that makes the good stuff. These mags are made by Englander, which is an Israeli tools and dies company. AFAIK, they do not have a long history of making magazines, which might explain the growing pains for these.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    From reading the actual posts, it appears a very small percentage of people are having seating problems with these magazines. I already have a dozen or so magazines for the AR when they were $8 or $11 each.

TopTechAgent

MDS Supporter
    Nov 30, 2012
    Mooresville, NC
    Received my 20rds today and can confirm they are TIGHT and seating with a closed bolt is almost impossible. They don't release that easy either. Will be a while before I get a chance to test fire/feed.

guntruck

Feb 23, 2009
    Beginning of January so they were quick to ship. The mags are well constructed but fit is a concern. Mako has been responsive and i will update when resolved.

Thanks man, I am awaiting 3 mags I ordered a couple weeks ago, interested to see what you figure out.

Thanks

TopTechAgent

MDS Supporter
    Nov 30, 2012
    Mooresville, NC
    Ok, so the issue for me is only when the mag is full/bolt closed. Mako says their mags springs are strong out the gate and need to be broken in by cycling/reload. That this issue will go away after some time on the range...
    I Kept mags loaded overnight and no improvement. Will be some time for me to get to range so won't be able to report back on how they function. I doubt the claim that these will somehow all of a sudden become reliable mags. Don't care to return them as they are built well and I may be able to tweak these on my own. I am interested to know if anybody else has similar issues.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    I Kept mags loaded overnight and no improvement.

Why would that change anything? Keeping magazines loaded does nothing to weaken the springs. The constant cycling of loading/unloading (or shooting) is what weakens them. The springs are already constantly under a LOT of compression already even when the magazine is empty (don't believe me? take the magazine apart; look how much longer than the mag body the spring is).

Compression/relaxation of springs is what weakens them, not leaving them static.

And yes, I realize a lot of people on the internet claim otherwise, but a lot of people on the internet also claim aliens had anal sex with them, elvis is alive, and 9/11 was actually navy seals using demo charges....so maybe they're not quite on the money for this topic either.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    unless "mako guy" is an engineer, i would chalk it up to ignorance. :)
    To be fair, the Mako guy said you need to work the spring, not just keep it loaded.

My advice to the OP is to do what they did in 'nam: down-load by one for the time being. That 30th round isn't the heat seeker poison bullet.

Another solution might be new springs.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    To be fair, the Mako guy said you need to work the spring, not just keep it loaded.

That's not posted anywhere in this thread, and unfortunately my ESP doesn't work from 7 ****ing thousand miles away, sweetie. ;)

My advice to the OP is to do what they did in 'nam: down-load by one for the time being. That 30th round isn't the heat seeker poison bullet.

Pretty sure we've come a little ways technologically in 50 years. and in fairness, you're right about round #30. but what it is, is one more before you have to reload.

if your magazines aren't reliable, they should be range units only until they either become reliable, you swap out parts to make them reliable, or you get rid of them.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    That's not posted anywhere in this thread, and unfortunately my ESP doesn't work from 7 ****ing thousand miles away, sweetie. ;)
    You don't need ESP to read:
    Mako says their mags springs are strong out the gate and need to be broken in by cycling/reload.

if your magazines aren't reliable, they should be range units only until they either become reliable, you swap out parts to make them reliable, or you get rid of them.
    I agree with this. I have an ammo can where I dump mags that I don't trust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom