• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eah990

Feb 25, 2010
    Hey guys. Just got my bushmaster m4a3 the other day, and I have a question about mags. I know you can not buy 30 round mags in MD, but it is legal to posses them. Does this mean you can go to PA and buy some and bring back, or is the law grandfathering existing mags? If you can buy some in PA, anyone know of a store that carries PMAGS?

Last edited:

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    To save you the search, yes.

Yes you can posses them, and yes, you can go to PA (or in my case VA) buy them and bring them back.

You just cannot take possession of them in MD...

Jamie

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    To save you the search, yes.

Yes you can posses them, and yes, you can go to PA (or in my case VA) buy them and bring them back.

You just cannot take possession of them in MD...

Jamie

+1, you can not only possess them but you can go across state lines and buy them by the truck load for yourself. JUST DON'T TRANSFER THEM TO ANYONE ELSE IN MARYLAND.

Mark

Prz

Feb 28, 2010
    Parkville
    I bought a 30 rd Cammenga that the front slides down for easy load and they mailed it to my house. I could not believe it.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Situation presented

Violation of this law is punishable by

§ 4-306. Penalties.

In general.- A person who violates this subtitle is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 3 years or a fine not exceeding $5,000 or both.

Which means NO MORE GUNS for you.

18 USC 922 (d) It shall be unlawful for any person to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm or ammunition to any person knowing or having reasonable cause to believe that such person—

(1) is under indictment for, or has been convicted in any court of, a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;

And if you are arrested for some other felony or "crime of violence" (like assault) you are looking at a 5 year minimum. While your door might not get kicked down, don't think for a minute that this and other shooting websites are not monitored by law enforcement.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom