• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • raff696

Nov 1, 2008
    Is that for regulated only? I am waiting for the not disapproval for my keltec. It's been over 30 days. But I want to buy a ruger 10/22 now Any issues with that?

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    That is unless your dealer decides that whatever your picking up is regulated "at their discretion". :sad20::mad54:

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Anybody know how long it currently takes to get a collector's designation? I got mine years ago, but I have a friend that wants to try and stock up now that it's too late. Wondering if it is worth it for him to try and get a collector designation in time for a pre-October shopping spree.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Anybody know how long it currently takes to get a collector's designation? I got mine years ago, but I have a friend that wants to try and stock up now that it's too late. Wondering if it is worth it for him to try and get a collector designation in time for a pre-October shopping spree.

I'm currently at five weeks from acknowledged arrival of the paperwork at MSP. No news yet....

---
    Shamr0ck

codefive

Jun 9, 2012
    I was in my local store last night and one guy was checking on status of a purchase. He was at 57 days ... Dont hold your breath if you're only at 30.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo

I got the collectors designation letter last week. 3 1/2 weeks to get done for me.

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Is the 30 day rule subject to the actual purchase, or receipt? Since wait times are well over 30 days, do you actually have to wait 30 calendar days between each purchase at the store?

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    Is the 30 day rule subject to the actual purchase, or receipt? Since wait times are well over 30 days, do you actually have to wait 30 calendar days between each purchase at the store?

I've heard the 30 days starts from taking home your firearm. I've also heard various people say that MSP have said individually to just submit every 30 days and they will sort it out on their end. That of course requires you have a willing and helpful FFL who will submit another app before the previous one has returned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom