• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokering

Day Walker
    May 16, 2008
    AA
    From charge to mailbox. That is how long it took for C&R license to appear. Just a public service announcement as an indicator for those that may be waiting on how long processing is taking these days. Too bad I don't have any idea what I may want, but at least when I decide and have the $$$ to go with it I won't be waiting on it. :cool:

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Congrats!

First, DO NOT sign the original. Many of us almost made that mistake in our excitement of getting it and at least one member has.

As for your first purchase either a Mosin Nagant rifle or a Nagant revolver. Both very cheap and getting them delivered right to your door is a rush.

smokering

Day Walker
    May 16, 2008
    AA
    Congrats!

First, DO NOT sign the original. Many of us almost made that mistake in our excitement of getting it and at least one member has.

As for your first purchase either a Mosin Nagant rifle or a Nagant revolver. Both very cheap and getting them delivered right to your door is a rush.
    I read the FAQ on the board long before I filled out the app, and it even tells you on the C&R. I have a tendency to read things like that although my wife probably wishes than was true of instruction and installation manuals. :D I plan on making about 20 copies tomorrow and place the original in a secure place. I did the same with my MD Collectors letter (well more like 4 copies), one for my glove compartment, one in the each range bag. I figure if I ever got stopped and didn't have a receipt I just came from the range it may help explain the range bag and it's contents or rifle case in my SUV (no real trunk). I'm sure I'll have some questions but Novus has already been a great source with his C&R posts in the past.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I read the FAQ on the board long before I filled out the app, and it even tells you on the C&R. I have a tendency to read things like that although my wife probably wishes than was true of instruction and installation manuals. :D I plan on making about 20 copies tomorrow and place the original in a secure place. I did the same with my MD Collectors letter (well more like 4 copies), one for my glove compartment, one in the each range bag. I figure if I ever got stopped and didn't have a receipt I just came from the range it may help explain the range bag and it's contents or rifle case in my SUV (no real trunk). I'm sure I'll have some questions but Novus has already been a great source with his C&R posts in the past.

Two things. One, I too read the FAQ and read the application, but yet I still almost signed it. :o
    Second, 20 copies will not be near enough. :D

newmike2

From charge to mailbox. That is how long it took for C&R license to appear. Just a public service announcement as an indicator for those that may be waiting on how long processing is taking these days. Too bad I don't have any idea what I may want, but at least when I decide and have the $$$ to go with it I won't be waiting on it. :cool:

Sounds like they had document issues at the beginning of the year and have been catching up.
    I requested my C&R docs in mid January and just got it yesterday. According to the shipping slip, it was processed February 20th and it was mailed from their fulfillment facility in Hyattsville on March 10th.

smokering

Day Walker
    May 16, 2008
    AA
    Two things. One, I too read the FAQ and read the application, but yet I still almost signed it. :o
    Second, 20 copies will not be near enough. :D
    LOL...for some reason I thought you wrote the C&R FAQ.... :o I'm hoping 20 copies will be enough to start. :innocent0

Sounds like they had document issues at the beginning of the year and have been catching up.
    I requested my C&R docs in mid January and just got it yesterday. According to the shipping slip, it was processed February 20th and it was mailed from their fulfillment facility in Hyattsville on March 10th.
    I have CanDoEZ to thank for forwarding me an extra application so at least I didn't have to wait at all for that. I figured I mailed it around the 12th of Feb. and it was paid on the 17th. :party29:

hockeynut

Feb 9, 2009
    Montgomery County

Any extras you will be raffling out?

:)

I sent my order in around the beginning of February so hopefully they are not far off.

ice111103

Jan 3, 2009
    I got you beat! I posted on another thread but I got mine in 16 days from when I sent it out. I wasn't planning on getting it for a couple months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom