• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Play stupid games…

I’ve had several Jeeps including an old battleship Wagoneer. I loved them but don’t miss them. They are (or were) purpose built.

I think I got a better ride from a hard tail Harley.

That's interesting. I've never has much experience with Jeeps other then the 1946 I owned for a number of years. It was a daily driver in the summer and I was always impressed by how smooth the ride was. I mean, it wasn't as smooth as a modern car but I would drive it all day and never felt uncomfortable. It even had the original (or at least original Willy's) leaf springs.

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    He could buy it but couldn't drive it.
    Maybe a mechanical failure but sure looks like he just mashed the throttle and never let off.
    I'm thinking the driver didn't know how to drive off road and thought the 4-wd would magically get him through anything. I once had to follow a guy who thought that way, with no actual knowledge or experience driving off road. He would mash the gas pedal on his Honda and thought the AWD and traction control would magically get him up a muddy hill. I had to stop and then back up so he wouldn't slide back into my car. In the second half of the video, I wonder why the guy didn't hit the brakes because it seemed like he didn't even try to stop.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Because to prevent evil tailpipe emissions the computer controlled throttle body MOTOR holds the throttle open when you release the foot pedal until the motor has sufficiently cleared the fuel from the engine. Even the brakes probably wouldn't have worked; might have been able to pull the shifter into N, but that would require taking a hand off the wheel and understanding all the functions involved with modern low pollution road vehicles.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    That's interesting. I've never has much experience with Jeeps other then the 1946 I owned for a number of years. It was a daily driver in the summer and I was always impressed by how smooth the ride was. I mean, it wasn't as smooth as a modern car but I would drive it all day and never felt uncomfortable. It even had the original (or at least original Willy's) leaf springs.

Those M151 variants were very buzzy at speed. I think it was mostly due to the tires.

Example:

1710015214679.jpeg

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    One of those guys ducked the red Jeep and he was offended and turned on them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom