• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    Judge rules ban on illegal immigrants owning firearms is unconstitutional.

fishgutzy

MDS Supporter
    Aug 25, 2022
    AA County
    That is the only federal gun law that an Obama appointee would find unconstitutional.
    Guarantee she'd uphold every other infringement.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    This is a complex area. Let’s say you’re a tourist, a non-citizen, from Ireland, visiting the US. Should that person get the protections of, say, the 4th or 5th amendments? Should that person enjoy - while here legally - the 1A’s protection of the freedom of association? If the Bill of Rights only applies to citizens, what about good people in the middle of the years long process of naturalization, who have a green card, etc?

The 2A/illegal immigrant issue should be simpler. Their first act in the context of being on US soil is to break the law. Maybe we should examine whether that lawbreaking should rise to the prohibitive level.

P-12 Norm

Why be normal?
    Sep 9, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    Back when I worked in a gun shop, I had to get a green card from any alien who came in. No green card, no gun. So this activist judge is changing the law regarding gun ownership. Alf can get a gun!

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    This is a complex area. Let’s say you’re a tourist, a non-citizen, from Ireland, visiting the US. Should that person get the protections of, say, the 4th or 5th amendments? Should that person enjoy - while here legally - the 1A’s protection of the freedom of association? If the Bill of Rights only applies to citizens, what about good people in the middle of the years long process of naturalization, who have a green card, etc?

The 2A/illegal immigrant issue should be simpler. Their first act in the context of being on US soil is to break the law. Maybe we should examine whether that lawbreaking should rise to the prohibitive level.
    Need to be convicted of prohibitive law... and given the numbers, I don't see that happening.

I believe the courts have mostly ruled on green card with 2A, at least those from US territories that are not US citizens (American Samoa comes to mind).

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo

toppkatt

Ultimate Member
    Apr 22, 2017
    But how would they legally obtain a firearm, at least in the state of Maryland (and most of the blue states) and how would they qualify for a CCW?

KingClown

SOmething Witty
    Jul 29, 2020
    Deep Blue MD
    So they are going to pass the Background check done at purchase how?
    This is a judge trying to twist Bruen to get it over turned in the future should the left pack the court or have the majority again

Allium

Senior Keyboard Operator
    Feb 10, 2007
    I thought being in the country illegally was a felony. I thought a felony disqualified a person. I think the failure is 100% jusdicial branch for not enforcing it. I think it would be fair to impose teh same penalty their home country has.
    Mexico - a penalty of up to two years in prison and a fine of three hundred to five hundred thousand pesos
    bolivia - Deportation for 3 years and fine
    China - Imprisonment, criminal detention, or public surveillance, and fine, depending on nature of offense; foreigners also subject to deportation.
    El Salvador - Expulsion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom