• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    You'd think these people from PSA would get a clue, dealing with Md'rs as much as they do. I will never buy from them. They go out of their way to be un-accommodating.

Jul 9, 2013
    You'd think these people from PSA would get a clue, dealing with Md'rs as much as they do. I will never buy from them. They go out of their way to be un-accommodating.

How much of their sales volume do you think is really made up from states that have laws that restrict features such as barrel diameter?

PSA is located in South Carolina where they don't have to deal with the silly laws that y'all have up in Maryland. Do you think they should pay to have someone on staff in customer service who is paid to answer emails about crazy gun laws all day long?

I get that it's frustrating, but the problem doesn't reside in PSA. It resides in Annapolis. This is one of those times where Maryland gun shops would be where you should be able to turn for advice / local customer service. Unfortunately, I don't think any of them are selling HBAR carbine kits for anywhere $300.

Again, I'll have a few of these kits soon and I'll post pictures of what's included. That way y'all can know what you're getting underneath those handguards for the next time that SKU is in stock.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    How much of their sales volume do you think is really made up from states that have laws that restrict features such as barrel diameter?

PSA is located in South Carolina where they don't have to deal with the silly laws that y'all have up in Maryland. Do you think they should pay to have someone on staff in customer service who is paid to answer emails about crazy gun laws all day long?

I get that it's frustrating, but the problem doesn't reside in PSA. It resides in Annapolis. This is one of those times where Maryland gun shops would be where you should be able to turn for advice / local customer service. Unfortunately, I don't think any of them are selling HBAR carbine kits for anywhere $300.

Again, I'll have a few of these kits soon and I'll post pictures of what's included. That way y'all can know what you're getting underneath those handguards for the next time that SKU is in stock.

There are MANY posts and threads on MDS by people who order from PSA. It seems(to me) that half of them tend to be negative. Time and again I see examples of their intransigence. I always try to remind people that a lot of these 'tactical' type shops are really mom and pop affairs and lack the proper manpower to accommodate every little wish/expectation of some customers and to be patient with them. It's to be expected. I have no personal experience with PSA, only anecdotal but, I've read enough here and other forums to know I can find better and more thoughtful service elsewhere. This is merely my personal observation.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    There are MANY posts and threads on MDS by people who order from PSA. It seems(to me) that half of them tend to be negative. Time and again I see examples of their intransigence. I always try to remind people that a lot of these 'tactical' type shops are really mom and pop affairs and lack the proper manpower to accommodate every little wish/expectation of some customers and to be patient with them. It's to be expected. I have no personal experience with PSA, only anecdotal but, I've read enough here and other forums to know I can find better and more thoughtful service elsewhere. This is merely my personal observation.

I get frustrated with them on some of the MD/no MD posting but its hard as heck for many of these companies to keep up with the shifting local B.S. of our politicians.

I have ordered from PSA many times never an issue, half of my uppers at this point are PSA. Don't know about PTAC stuff.

tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    I was thinking about this more and I wonder if these are similar to the Colt SOCOM barrels? A "heavy" barrel with M4 profile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    So, the law that says stamped HBAR or advertised as heavy barrel, wouldn't stand up in court? Not debating, just wondering how their law couldn't stand up?

The heavy barrel I just bought is not stamped, nor was the last one, but both are advertised as such. I printed out the receipts and the printed description, which clearly says heavy barrel.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    So, the law that says stamped HBAR or advertised as heavy barrel, wouldn't stand up in court? Not debating, just wondering how their law couldn't stand up?

The heavy barrel I just bought is not stamped, nor was the last one, but both are advertised as such. I printed out the receipts and the printed description, which clearly says heavy barrel.

MSP doesn't make laws. The statue says nothing about being stamped or advertising. MSP interpretations of laws have been ruled against plenty of times.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County

MSP doesn't make laws. The statue says nothing about being stamped or advertising.

The whole confusion about HBARs is that they aren't defined in the statue.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    a mso advisory from last year said advertised as "hbar", not heavy. you're changing a word there.

Not purposely.
    What exactly does HBAR stand for?

Like I said, not trying to debate, just trying to learn. As we all know, when the ones who make/enforce the laws/statutes don't know what "heavy" or hbar means, then it's hard to understand how they could or would ever be able to penalize someone for not adhering to the laws and/or statutes?

Frankly, I'm puzzled why PSA won't ship a lower receiver to your FFL, which is 100% legal, but will ship an "illegal" barrel right to your door....illegal unless you have a preban lower to pin it to, obviously.

Weird stuff, i know

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Not purposely.
    What exactly does HBAR stand for?

Like I said, not trying to debate, just trying to learn. As we all know, when the ones who make/enforce the laws/statutes don't know what "heavy" or hbar means, then it's hard to understand how they could or would ever be able to penalize someone for not adhering to the laws and/or statutes?

Frankly, I'm puzzled why PSA won't ship a lower receiver to your FFL, which is 100% legal, but will ship an "illegal" barrel right to your door....illegal unless you have a preban lower to pin it to, obviously.

Weird stuff, i know

Check logic at the door.:sad20:

Jul 9, 2013

Weird stuff, i know

A barrel is a barrel, just like short barrels can be shipped legally even though there's a possibility for someone to construct an illegal SBR. The lower is the firearm.

Wasn't it just in the last few months that MD politicians started saying that lowers could be legally sold again? Since lowers are the actual firearm, I'll agree with PSA and many other companies that it's in their best legal interests as a business to wait until the good people of MD fix the laws regarding firearms to be somewhat like the rest of the country before they start selling lowers to MD residents.

md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River
    Does this meet the definition of a heavy barrel?

PSA 18" CHF Midlength 5.56 NATO 1/7 Rifle Kit - 508067
    Barrel: A proprietary blend of Hammer forged chrome molly vanadium made by FN that is referred to as "Machine Gun Steel" by virtue of its required use in FN's M249 and M240 weapons. The hammer forging process work hardens the steel, making it more durable. In addition, the chrome process for the bore allows for a lining almost twice as thick as a standard M16 for enhanced durability. Chambered in 5.56 NATO, with a 1/7 twist, M4 barrel extension, and a mid-length gas system.
    This heavy profile barrel is Mil-spec phosphate coated, High Pressure tested and Magnetic Particle inspected. Barrel is finished off with an F-marked front sight post with sling swivel, standard handguards and an A2 flash hider.

Jul 9, 2013
    Sorry it took me so long to get these pictures up. It wasn't because of PSA's delivery speed (they arrived on 29 SEP).

33bctat.jpg

308usqt.jpg

2elqgwk.jpg

nc0f2o.jpg

$300 is a really good deal for an entire rifle kit. I haven't seen a complete HBAR rifle kit from anybody else for even twice that price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom