• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    either somebody already bought it.. let me check and i'll get back to you.. :)

yep.. its gone now... it may have been sold already.. sowwy.. :o

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Definitely buy one. Awesome drop in for the AR.

I got the kit from JoeBobs. Picked up a load of Black Dog mags and a drum. All flawless.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland

I got the kit from JoeBobs. Picked up a load of Black Dog mags and a drum. All flawless.

one note though.. dont know the round count.. you must fire regular 223 ammo after certain amount of 22lr to clear the gas tube.

robertgreen79

Mar 20, 2012
    College Park

Awesome. I'll probably just go that route.

one note though.. dont know the round count.. you must fire regular 223 ammo after certain amount of 22lr to clear the gas tube.

Will do. I've heard it just takes a few rounds afterwords.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    I've got a 13 year old Ceiner kit and a CMMG dedicated 22 upper. Both run great. The Ceiner kit is great because its drop in and shoot 22's, but its only accurate to about 25 yards in my 1/7 barrel and minute of soda can out to about 50 yards in a 1/9 barrel. The dedicated upper is about 1" accurate at 25 yards. Fun to shoot for less then 5 cents a round. I run my CMMG upper with a suppressor and it sounds like an angry staple gun.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    I fired about 100 rounds of 22 through mine today. I have heard of a limit, a number.... Before cleaning it out with a dose of 223. Maybe Chad will chime in.

I'm not sweating it.

Echo

Troublemaker
    Oct 31, 2012
    Annapolis
    I just bought the CMMG 22lr kit for AR. Haven't had a chance to try it yet. The instructions say you should fire a .223 round every 100 rounds just to clear the gas tubes.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    DaveMP : CMMG Bravo SS Conversion Kit w/ 25 round magazine - 22BA6E1

I don't have that SS model. Just the regular, old. It is really fun. $200 w/o discount.

Pick up the drum mag, too. I may get another for AWB ZOMG panic buy reasons.

For a moment, JB had BDM 25 round mags for $12. The 15 rounders are still that price.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    I have a dedicated 22lr upper I put together with a 4.5" custom barrel and a CMMG SS dedicated kit. It runs 100% on all the ammo I've tried so far. Very fun little toy that I run a suppressor on all the time.

I'm heading to MSAR sometime on Saturday and it will most likely be coming along. You're welcome to try it out but you will not be able to put it on your lower unless your lower is a registered SBR like mine.

If youre just looking to get a conversion kit for your 5.56 AR, I highly suggest the CMMG SS kit.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Forget the conversion get a M&P 15-22. Its the best .22 Auto made, better than the 10/22

A Conversion can clog a D.I. AR15's Gas System with Lead. If you decide to get a Dedicated Upper then your approaching the cost of an M&P 15-22 already.

Echo

Troublemaker
    Oct 31, 2012
    Annapolis
    Oh yea. Actually the CMMG conversions say you shouldn't use them in DI rifles.

I've was looking for a M&P 15-22 or Ruger 10/22 but they've been sold out everywhere. Only one I found was like $400-450 for the Ruger 10/22. :\
    I heard about the conversion and review seemed good so I thought i'd take a chance.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Besides what Chad said, the other reason to go with the M&P15-22 instead is to avoid all the wear and tear on a nice AR barrel. The cost of a replacement barrel will mostly pay for the M&P15-22 (well, before the craziness started anyway).

robertgreen79

Mar 20, 2012
    College Park
    Forget the conversion get a M&P 15-22. Its the best .22 Auto made, better than the 10/22

A Conversion can clog a D.I. AR15's Gas System with Lead. If you decide to get a Dedicated Upper then your approaching the cost of an M&P 15-22 already.

Chad, I totally get what you're saying. The problem is, there's no availability right now. I was thinking about getting one of these, and then eventually building a dedicated upper with it. I'm at the range a lot and .223/5.56 is just insane at the moment. I need a temporary solution in the short term. If i change my mind with building an upper and availability opens up down the road on the 15-22s, I can always sell the conversion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom