• Roadhawg

Bee Farmer
    Jul 18, 2014
    Free America

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Did you see the link to the AR forums were someone was using them for 223/556 rounds?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_42/3..._ammo__Completed_6th_firing__With_video_.html

No, but if they are working for 556 rounds, I see no reason why they wouldn't work fine for 300 full power loads.. I ain't gonna mess with tryin to resize them for 223, but for cut down 300, I may just load some up and see. I have a couple dozen in odd range brass that I have acquired, did cut and resize them for 300, but have put them aside for now, as I have plenty of 'non-blank' 300 brass to work with..

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    The Hague Accords (pre-WW I) are the reason why hollow points are banned on the battlefield.

The accords only prohibit from signors from using "bullets which expand or flatten easily in the human body." Open tip match bullets are not designed to expand like soft point or true hollow points. The open tip is just due to the way they are made.

That is why the US finally decided that OTM were legal to use by the military.

But interestingly, the US never ratified that portion of the accords, so we were not required to abide by that provision.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    The accords only prohibit from signors from using "bullets which expand or flatten easily in the human body." Open tip match bullets are not designed to expand like soft point or true hollow points. The open tip is just due to the way they are made.

That is why the US finally decided that OTM were legal to use by the military.

But interestingly, the US never ratified that portion of the accords, so we were not required to abide by that provision.

Where did I say anything about OTM????

Logic would say that OTM doesn't qualify as a HP because of the design. FFS....

Roadhawg

Bee Farmer
    Jul 18, 2014
    Free America
    I decided to cut down some Lake City 223 blanks and reform them into 300 Blackout.
    I loaded up them as 125gr Nosler supers.

125black_zps6aa33743.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom