• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FunInMD

Jul 18, 2015
    I headed to Dicks in Bel Air today seeing their ad for Federal auto match at $20. They didn't have any but had 100 count of Rem golden bullet. I pick one up begrudgingly considering that's the same price for minimags.

They also didn't have the Rem UMC .223 that was advertised on sale so maybe they lost a shipment somewhere.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Dicks HV has buckets for $89.99 and Fed Automatch for $19.99 Limit one of either. Lots of other ammo on sale also and todays newspaper insert said small Plano ammo boxes for $4.99.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Still buckets and Automatch at Dicks HV. They got 4 more cans of Federal 5.56 in today and they were gone in 15 min according to clerk.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    looks like dicks finally raised prices on 22 like cabelas. makes perfect business sense, since the stuff is still selling out but I still have a hard time paying 30-32 dollars for a brick of golden bullets

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Throwback Thursday
    IMG_2092_zpslekozin9.jpg

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    If anyone is up in frederick, the heritage training center has the federal automatch 325 going for 21.15 after tax. Bought the same box 15 minutes later for 21.19 after tax. They both had a bunch at lunch time today. One box per person per day at both stores.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Dicks HV has plenty of Automatch and 100rd boxes of Golden Bullets. Small ammo cans still on sale for $4.98.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Bobs in Annapolis? Where was that located at? I remember the Sunnys surplus but not bobs.

Bob's was where the Armory was, but I think it was a separate older building that they tore down to build what is there now.

Sportsmans Service Center was where the PNC Bank and West Marine are on Kent Island

What year?

Probably 1990's Some of these boxes were recycled to hold ammo that came in cardboard boxes.

silver78

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2009
    looks like dicks finally raised prices on 22 like cabelas. makes perfect business sense, since the stuff is still selling out but I still have a hard time paying 30-32 dollars for a brick of golden bullets

I think this is good news. In my opinion a price increase by the big box ammo sellers is what is needed to squeeze the scalpers out of the market and in the long term will lead to a price decrease and the end of the 22 ammo shortage.

blankford

Apr 29, 2015
    Bel Air
    If anyone is up in frederick, the heritage training center has the federal automatch 325 going for 21.15 after tax. Bought the same box 15 minutes later for 21.19 after tax. They both had a bunch at lunch time today. One box per person per day at both stores.

Got the fed automatch 325 at DSG in Glen Dirty.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Bobs in Annapolis? Where was that located at? I remember the Sunnys surplus but not bobs.

Bob's was where the Armory was, but I think it was a separate older building that they tore down to build what is there now.

Sportsmans Service Center was where the PNC Bank and West Marine are on Kent Island

Probably 1990's Some of these boxes were recycled to hold ammo that came in cardboard boxes.
    Originally Bob's Coins and Guns

Sigh.

I guess we won't be seeing 500-count boxes for $9.99 ever again.

The only way that would happen now is severe deflation. Brass prices alone would make it hard to produce just 500 rnds of brass for $10 especially when you consider shipping, packaging and and handling costs. We are sometimes seeing super-deals close to $20/ 500 round brick. (and the aforementioned 20% off coupon at DSG - giving a $15.99!). Don't know how those big-box stores do it... (well, actually I do understand the concept of loss-leader) ...dealer cost is usually close to $20 brick for the cheapest ammo (and usually much higher) and that doesn't include shipping. Add the effects of the HQL restrictions on handguns causing a big drop in sales then add the restrictions on mag sales (people are buying their spares out of state) plus all the other market skewing caused by gun laws...and then there's the internet sales of virtually any accessories/gun parts or even guns... and it's a miracle any LGSs are surviving. Many are not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom